• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bach Flower Remedies For Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavykind

Amsy was asking about the Bach Flower Remedies and so I thought it might be worth giving details of this book, which I recommend :)

It's called simply "Bach Flower Remedies For Animals" It's by Stefan Ball and Judy Howard ISBN 0-85207-296-1
It sells at £12.99. I have seen it on ebay though ;)

It's a bonus that guineas actually get a mention in here!

Barbara

Edited to add: for those unfamiliar with the work of the wonderful Dr Bach here is a link to the Bach site Bach Centre Home Page

am going to look first on ebay if not there then amazon should have it, thanks for that Barbara

just ordered it on Amazon the 2005 issue £8 some thing they did'nt have it on ebay but had loads of the actual flowers on there (is that what they are called?) cant wait to get reading and learning

Good luck with the remedies. Did you take a look at the site? There is a lot of general information on there :)

Oh wow, thanks Barbara!Thants so kind of you!I am looking at the site at this very moment,well after i've finished posting this,and it seems very good.I'm going to tell my parents about the book and i should get it for Christmas.I have always been interested in it and i can't wait to get the book!

Thanks again

Amsy

This reminded of when I tried one of those Rescue Remedies. I was dabbling with a bit of dog obedience competition and found it a bit nerve racking so I got the one to calm you down & put some drops on my tongue before I went but it didn't seem to make any difference. When I got home I realised I'd used ear drops instead ....! (I gave up the competition and the remedies!)

Jillybean said:
This reminded of when I tried one of those Rescue Remedies. I was dabbling with a bit of dog obedience competition and found it a bit nerve racking so I got the one to calm you down & put some drops on my tongue before I went but it didn't seem to make any difference. When I got home I realised I'd used ear drops instead ....! (I gave up the competition and the remedies!)

Hehe whoops!Oh well at least you tried!

cavykind said:
Good luck with the remedies. Did you take a look at the site? There is a lot of general information on there :)

yes i did read the site all about Dr Bach seems a man before his time if you know what I mean very clever man, what sort of things can the remedys help in pigs?

michellemuffin said:
cavykind said:

yes i did read the site all about Dr Bach seems a man before his time if you know what I mean very clever man, what sort of things can the remedy's help in pigs?

They are used to treat issues and problems on an emotional level. Which will hopefully improve physical well being too.
A couple of examples:

*They can help them adapt to new/changes in circumstances ~ Walnut
*To come to terms with and deal with the loss of a bonded cage mate ~ Star of Bethlehem
* If they have a known fear....say of fireworks/water/bathing ~ Mimulus
This remedy is also helpful for nervous, shy and timid animals.
Rescue Remedy is good after surgery to help deal with the shock to the system.
For very dominant guinea pigs who bully their companions, Vine may help.
For the bullied piggy Centaury, might help them cope and assert themselves more, but in a non aggressive way.
When treating them for mites or any infection, I always give Crab Apple, as it is known for it's cleansing attributes.

These are just a few ideas :)

Barbara

got an email from amazon today to say book has been shipped , I did'nt realise that they could help in so many ways, I cant wait to read up on it all and I see it as an extention to the everyday medical needs our piggys need , no doubt will be asking you when I get stuck for info and advise thanks

michellemuffin said:
got my book and am now going to sit and read it

You'll get no housework done today then ;)

Let us know what you think, I reckon that once you start using them you'll be hooked! Don't forget you can use them for yourself too :)

Barbara

have already used the rescue remedy on max to see if it stops him scratching, the book what I've managed to read after bathing my 17 girls is really interesting,

I work in a pharmacy and as part of training we are told about Bach! i found it all quite confusing but as there natural i wouldnt hesitate to give them to the piggies

Verity said:
I work in a pharmacy and as part of training we are told about Bach! i found it all quite confusing but as there natural i wouldnt hesitate to give them to the piggies

If you aren't used to the concept of vibrational healing, yes the Bach Remedies can at first be a little difficult to grasp. It's best if you can attend Bach workshops/lectures run by their trainers. You don't have to complete the official courses, but they are very comprehensive and worth doing.

The book MM has is a great general introduction, though it is specifically for animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back