• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Badger's Operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
Have just taken my piggy Badger to the CCT as i had found a couple of lumps on him. :( Vedra has checked him over and said she feels sure the one lump is a benign tumour and the other a small cyst. He is to have an operation tomorrow to remove them both. It was horrible driving back without him :( I hope he will be ok.

He is such a lovely, friendly piggy. When I left him he was chattering away to Vedra! :)

Good luck with Badger - hope all goes well. One of mine, Toffee, had a huge operation to remove lumps earlier this year, she had a massive wound all down her tummy - she was fine afterwards, just needed lots of TLC. Got everything crossed for you both.

Aww. :( Good luck. :) Thats so cute how he'd talk to her and stuff.

-GuineaPiggable-

His operation is this morning or tomorrow morning! I really hope everything goes well as he is absolutely the best guinea pig!

GOOD LUCK BADGER!

We are all thinking of you .....

Be strong Ellie - he is in very capable hands

Let us know how he gets on

Here is a picture of Badger

badger1.jpg

He has a noddy head when he walks - he tilts it to the side too but Vedra doesn't think its anything to worry about - she says it gives him character which it does :) No news yet!

My mum text Vedra asking if he has had it and she said that the vet is so busy with emergency operations that he won't have his till Monday! Don't know what to do - will see if we can go down and get him and take him back on Sunday or something!

It's bad enough having to wait on the day, but to have to wait until Monday is really difficult. Good sign though in that it's not an emergency.

We knew it wasn't an emergency - its just so frustrating cos she said it would be either be done today or tomorrow morning. If we had known it was Monday, we would have brought him back and took him down nearer the time. Grrr - Goggles is really missing him!

Yes must be really frustrating - as you say, you could have kept him at home until the op.

Monday, that's almost over a week :-\
Are you near enough to go and pick him up?

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back