• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bald spot with dark skin protrusions (Reminds me of fleas/ticks on a dog)

AliseSousa0130

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea pig has some sort of dark skin protrusion that kinda looks like a tick on a spot between her leg and torso(inner thigh/hips). The thing is she's never been outside and I don't have any other pets (we're working on getting her a sister, but it's been difficult given the pandemic). What is this?!
Iggy skin 4.jpg Iggy skin 1.jpgIggy skin 3.jpg

AliseSousa0130

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea pig has some sort of dark skin protrusion that kinda looks like a tick on a spot between her leg and torso(inner thigh/hips). The thing is she's never been outside and I don't have any other pets (we're working on getting her a sister, but it's been difficult given the pandemic). What is this?!
View attachment 150204 View attachment 150202View attachment 150203
Thank you all for your replies and advice. I feel much calmer and a bit silly, but I'm glad I asked. :)

Freela

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That's a nipple. Guinea pigs only have two, and boars have them as well. Color can vary, just like anywhere else on the coat. No worries, perfectly normal!