• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bald spot?

Chickenpies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi.

I was just giving Teddy his medicine, when I noticed a bald spot next to Teddy’s mouth. I would have noticed it before, because I have been giving him medicine for a while now. If anyone knows, please let me know.
Thank you.

It is right next to his mouth. And I forgot to say that he is living on his own at the moment.

I’m afraid your guess will be as good as ours on this - Could he have perhaps been bar biting and worn the fur off? Perhaps add a picture.

I’m afraid your guess will be as good as ours on this - Could he have perhaps been bar biting and worn the fur off? Perhaps add a picture.
Teddy isn’t really a bar biter. He does love eating his hay out of a metal rack though. I’m not sure if I could get a picture because he wriggles a lot.

It could be that he is pushing his nose into the rack..but this is only a guess, we can’t see him or have a hands on so if you’re worried you’ll need to go to the vet.

It could be that he is pushing his nose into the rack..but this is only a guess, we can’t see him or have a hands on so if you’re worried you’ll need to go to the vet.
Just took a photo and probably realised why he does it. He sticks his face so far tHis chin is wet from his frozen bottle in his bright orange sock haha!

Attachments

• CCA16978-67DD-46B5-A602-91621A2C1D82.jpeg
    CCA16978-67DD-46B5-A602-91621A2C1D82.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 8
Back