• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bald spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As I was holding my guinea pig today, mum noticed he had a little bald spot under his chin. I wondered if this is normal or not for guinea pigs?

I took a look at my other guinea pig and he doesn't have a bald patch but I'm still unsure as my second guineab pig is super fluffy.

I checked his ears in case I could see any mites but nothing...

Bald spot under chin could mean a number of things.....best to get him to a cavy savvy vet for a check up on TEETH/cervical lymphadenitis/mites...

hth
x

Well I'm currently taking him to the vets for something else. I got told the place was good with guinea pigs but I'm not sure if its a cavy savy one. I guess I'll ask there.

I don't know of any cavy savy ones in/near Hatfield.
My parents won't drive me too far to visit one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back