• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Balding Piggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

slackalice2k

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Lulu is suffering hair loss over her shoulders, her skin underneath is fine, no wounds, scabs or flakiness, she's not scratching.

She's eating and drinking fine, I can't see anything wrong with her apart from her bald shoulders, her weight has always been on the low side.

She's booked in at the vets tonight but thought I'd just see if anyone else has any ideas, If her hairloss had been on her sides I'd of immediately thought ovarian cysts, but her coat's fine every where else.

Her age is unknown, but I would put her at 3-4yrs possibly.

oh dear I hope she is ok, glad to hear you have booked her in at the vets and hope you get good news later

hmm that can be a typical symptom of ovarian cysts and they tend not to scratch and their skin is clear.

Good luck at the vets xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back