Bananas ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jillybean

I've read on here that some guineas like bananas. I put one in their home today - peeled it a bit so they had a choice of the inside or the skin, crept out and watched - I was really looking forward to seeing them tuck in to something new - all three of them went up to it, sniffed it, picked some cucumber instead and walked off.

Oh well ...

H

hairdi

:)It takes a bit of time for them to get use to something new, stick with it and you will be rewarded ! :)

B

Beaney

Mine like banana but if I am honest - I don't like them having it! Mine are peruvians and they get it caught in their hair, in the vet bed and get it everywhere :D Drives me nuts :D Now it is just for treats - about once a week!

C

claire

It took a while for my boys to like banana but now they love it :)

D

Darky

My boys love banana now that they're more settled in and much less picky - but apparently it can cause toilet issues? So I only give them a few slices every now and then as a treat with their dinner. ^^

J

Jillybean

I'll give it another go. My mistake was probably putting cucumber in aswell. I'll just try a small amount on its own next time.

J

Jillybean

Touch wood, I don't think I've ever had a guinea with diarrhoea, maybe I'll give the banana a miss!

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
LOL, yeah! Especially for one of boars, Tonic who suffers from an impacted bum. Well, he gets less impacted as his poops are so soft :)

J

Jillybean

Wish I'd known that years ago, my guinea Tarka had impacted bum, could have given that a try.

You learn something every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.