Bar biting

Chickenpies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, my boy Berty is a bar biter. He used to do it when I didn’t get his veggies quick enough, but now he does it more often. He does it whenever I pass the cage. Teddy doesn’t do it. How do I make him stop? I saw a post saying to put vinegar on the bars, if so, is balsamic vinegar okay? I don’t want to risk anything. The post didn’t mention what type of vinegar so I thought I would make sure and not risk it. Thank you!

Chickenpies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I wouldn’t put anything on the bars if I was you. Sadly, there’s not much you can do to stop bar biting. Does he have plenty of things to chew in his cage?
He has a wooden hut, 2 wooden balls and tons of hay. I won’t put anything on the bars, thank you for replying.

Winniepeg

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My four boys do it often waking me up at night. It drives me nuts at times but on the bright side demonstrates they are well, lively and have a good appetite. Piggies obviously need exercise and room to manoeuvre etc so if they have what the GPF recommend I wouldn’t worry. 😁

Chickenpies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My four boys do it often waking me up at night. It drives me nuts at times but on the bright side demonstrates they are well, lively and have a good appetite. Piggies obviously need exercise and room to manoeuvre etc so if they have what the GPF recommend I wouldn’t worry. 😁
Berty is a greedy little thing, he will do anything for food haha! He has enough room, he popcorns and jumps everywhere 😂 but thank you!