• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bar chewing

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_winged_angel

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a piggy who has taken to chewing the bars of the cage whenever my OH goes out. Is Gizmo distressed whenever Steve goes out or is he trying to get some attention@)?

My Rodney chew his cage bars whenever he sees me coming with the veg, it's like he's all excited and trying to hurry me up! :))

Its like he stops chewing when someone talks to him, but then if we go to do something else, he gets noisy or starts chewing.

Alphonse used to chew at meal times, even when it was just OUR meal time

One of my pigs has teeth problems and the vet asked me if she chews the bars or pulls at them. Are his teeth okay ?
Maybe he just wants some attention or to get out ?
Wish they could talk...lol
x

I read somewhere they may do it if: they are trying to get to another piggy in another cage, especially if he can see them or it can be bordem.
One of my boys does it sometimes, he just wants to get at my other boars because he doesn't like them rolleyes

I was just going to start a similar thread but thought I'd research first and found this one. Archie always chews the bars of his cage. He started when he was separated from the girls before his neutering, but this was understandable...now he just does it whenever he wants. Even if I have them out for floor time he will go in and chew on the bars. I was wondering if it could be issues with his teeth, but he still eats fine and isn't drooling or anything. How can I tell if there is anything wrong with them?
Thanks

(Apologies for hijacking the thread, I just didn't want people to have to repeat themselves :) )

My Hector started bar chewing when he was seperated due to fighting. He's ok unless he can't see Gerry (his new neighbour) he then goes mad! I guess he wants company, makes me so sad I can't get him a friend at the moment. For now a neighbour and lots of cuddles will have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back