• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Barney- The Best Boy in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We got Barney on 8th March 2008 from Pets at Home. Him and Freddy (With the unusual spelling) were our first guinea pigs. I have some great memories with them both, in their ark and hutch in the summer, letting them explore the hall-

Freddy passed away in April 2010 from a URI which came on very fast, Barney adjusted to living by himself but we got him out even more than usual, he was always out for cuddles, would come up to the bed, explore, spend time in his hutch and ark-

Some people think red eyed guinea pigs are "evil" or "ugly", but Barney was without a doubt, the best and cutest guinea pig I've ever known. He was such a softy, always snuggling in, kissing you, he never bit-

He was taken from us way too early, but he had a brilliant life. I love you lots little Barnsey.

Last edited:
He sounds like a lovely cute and loving guinea pig. I know how you feel i have been through it before and were all here for you! At least Barney is not in pain but he will never be forgotten! xx

I was feeling really upset earlier, but now I've thought about it...Barney's with Freddy now, up there in the sky- he's having a great old time, and he had such a good life-

Amazing how a little creature like my Barney can affect you so much, guinea pigs really do love you and you just need to make the most of what you've got.

rip Barney, run free with Freddy x

so sorry for your loss, and i understand totally as i have lost a couple recently. Also, on of them was a himi with red eyes, and sometimes just a quick glance he looked like the devil himself but most of the time was just a beaut.

Hope you are ok x

I'm so sorry for your loss.
RIP precious Barney. Run free x

I'm really missing seeing Barney's little face in the mornings 8...

I have two other little guinea pigs, Ringo and Georgey (What is it for the unusual spellings with my pigs!), who are ten months, so I've just got to put all my loving into them now

Amazing how a little creature like my Barney can affect you so much, guinea pigs really do love you and you just need to make the most of what you've got.

It is horrible when you lose one as they are very much part of the family. I understand how you feel, the way Barney died was so similar to how we lost Alphonse last week. Keep strong hunny *big hugs*

It is horrible when you lose one as they are very much part of the family. I understand how you feel, the way Barney died was so similar to how we lost Alphonse last week. Keep strong hunny *big hugs*

Can I ask what happened to Alphonse?

Can I ask what happened to Alphonse?

He was given contaminated food (salmonella), he seemed to be getting better then his bowel perforated and he was being poisoned by it. By the time we had got him back to the vet, my baby was crying in pain :( he was put to sleep.

He was given contaminated food (salmonella), he seemed to be getting better then his bowel perforated and he was being poisoned by it. By the time we had got him back to the vet, my baby was crying in pain :( he was put to sleep.

What kind of symptoms did your little piggy have? They sound very similar :( x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back