• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Barry and Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'd really like to pair Barry and Roy up but I dont know if it will work. Roy is 7, and I don't know how old Barry is (his previous owner told me he was 1 but I think he's older than that) I think he might be about 4 but I don't know for sure. I've paired them together before and they were fine in the run and I even got a photo of them eating together, it was so cute, but then they just started fighting. No blood was drawn but it really scared me so I kept them seperate, but I'm thinking of trying to pair them again. Is it possible to pair up guinea-pigs of their ages? I thought it was always meant to be adult and baby boars that were the best pairing of boars

Piggies either work out or they don't. Adult piggies can be bonded, provided their characters are compatible. That is a big "if"!

I would try them in a run, but be prepared that it won't work out again and that they are happier living next door to each other than sharing territory.

I managed to get my 7 and 1 year old living happily together, but my old lad was a very laid back chap and the furthest he went was lifting his head at an attempt to keep the pecking order. It's possible, but as already said, depends on piggie personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back