• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bath mats?

BearAndPanda

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm looking for a more sustainable way of bedding instead of wood shavings and I've stumbled on bath mats. Has anyone on the forum used bath mats as a cage liner? My plan is to have puppy pads on the bottom and then a bath mat on top. Also, a plus on bath mats is that I can buy multiple as their quite cheap. Short Noodle Shower Mat - Grey This is the type of mat I mean.

I use bath mats in high traffic areas as they’re quick and easy to brush off on top of fleece. I think other people on the forum use them on their own as bedding like you suggested, you just need to use an absorbent layer like your puppy pads.

I use bath mats as you can see. I used to use puppy pads but stopped in case they nibbled them. So I have two layers of thick towels under my mats. But to be honest they are really absorbent so the towels never get wet.

what I do recommend is investing in a pet laundry bag for when you wash them. To protect your washing machine from all the little bits of hay etc that gets stuck in them. The washing machine filter can quickly block up otherwise. Also, only wash with non-bio and avoid fabric softener😊
95777290-3A89-4555-B37D-C1374C695282.jpeg6E6352D9-7565-4FA7-A122-7341B2859ACD.jpegB102F78C-8031-4DEF-B42E-B849C93E8CA9.jpeg

I use bath mats at one end of the cage where we put the hay, they do work really well and the hay doesn’t stick to them like it does fleece!

Back