• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Bathing Guinea Pigs

PigglePuggle

Adult Guinea Pig
Only on the advice of a vet or if they are so totally soaked in wee and poo that it doesnt come off with a flannel or wet wipes. Then consider perhaps a bum bath.

amorrissett

Junior Guinea Pig
Thank you for clearing up the confusion! I have not bathed them since I have had them because I didn't think they needed it but I had seen some people mention it on here so I thought I might have been wrong. I will just keep doing what I'm doing!(:

BlueBird

Junior Guinea Pig
Anyone have advice on how often you should bathe a guinea pig and how it should be done? My piggies are pretty timid so I don’t want to terrify them.
I only bathe them once a year in summer but even then only if they are particularly smelly that even a clean out won't sort it. (I live in a open plan flat so if they are smelly you can't really ignore it). And even then, I'd only do this is summer or warm spring days. They hate baths so I don't like putting them through the stress.