• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Baths?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When/how often do you all bathe your piggies?

With the boys, I bathe them when they start to get pongy - at least every other month.

Icey and Tiny have baths more regular because they are white piggies.

The other girls tend to have one, once in a blue moon!

I did know of a few people that had piggies but never bathed them. They just gave their coat a sponge down.

i have the white pig problem especially with harry, when he gets yellowy hes in thetub but he lovesit he doesnt want to leave, i dont like bahteing Zub he fights me lol ans i wont bathe lil ed till he pongs x

About once a month. But most evenings I wipe their feet and botties and "bloomers".

Scarby hates baths, as did Dr.
Rocky has only had one and thrashed around something awful too.
Riffy loves baths and likes to paddle for a while after I have finished with the sponge. I have a towel on my knee and when Riffy is ready to come out he puts his front feet on the towel. Clever darling.

Awww. Tipsy used to love paddling around, so I filled the sink quite high and she would swim around!

Tonni's not too bad.. He's ok for a while once he's in there!

So far the boys have only had one bath.

Chester who is normally so placid and easy going fought like we were trying to kill him, so we were dreading putting Piggie in as he's a pig with attitude at the best of times, but,,, he didn't make a fuss at all, just let us bath him.

Can't make them out LOL

LOL - the baby girls haven't had a bath as yet, and neither has Guinea. He's had a damp wipe over and he seems fine with that for now!

kellyandpiggies said:
When/how often do you all bathe your piggies?

With the boys, I bathe them when they start to get pongy - at least every other month.

Icey and Tiny have baths more regular because they are white piggies.

The other girls tend to have one, once in a blue moon!

I did know of a few people that had piggies but never bathed them. They just gave their coat a sponge down.

Well I best come clean. ;D I told one of members on this forum that I was very worried about telling people that I had never bathed them. They are nearly 4 years old. I'm one of those people. I have never bathed my 2 piggies or sponged them down. They have never needed it. I know some people will not be happy with me but I feel if they dont need to be bathed then to leave them as they are. They have only had mites once and that was due to the stress of being at the vets. They are not smelly at all. I would bath them if they needed it. I would definitely bath boars too.

Hope people dont feel differently about me now.

Michele

Lovey that is fine! Don't bee silly - people wont think any less of you.

All people are different :)

It doesn't matter if they do or do not have baths

x

Thanks Mrs Player for understanding. They have never needed to be bathed.

I do bath mine but rarely, as i find most of mine especially girls dont need regular baths saying that they do get one in the warmer weather and maybe 3 each in the summer months, winter they get brushed a lot more and trims keep the coats from getting too mucky,
none of us good piggy lovers will say you are doing wrong by not bathing your piggys at all, because in the wild they dont bath do they? plus if the weathers not too good I would not risk them getting ill as I have to take them from warm sheds into the house then bath them then take them back into the cold to their sheds,
plus did you know if you have a really mucky pig and dont want to bath it you can buy a dry shampoo, its a moouse that you rub into the coat and when dry brush it out, its pretty good,
I brought a dog hairdryer which is great as it stands on its own so you can rub them dry with both your hands , makes life a lot easier

Mine only get bathed just before a show (I know, touchy subject).
I don't have any problems with shorthaired pigs getting smelly and dirty, even the boars. I had to bath the longhaired boars more often as their coats tended to get greasy and cloggy. My piggies usually enjoy a bath and they like to be blowdried with the hairdryer afterwards :D

Kat

I bathe mine every 4 - 6 weeks with Gorgeous Guineas shampoo.

I use the hairdrier but only on a very low heat.

Bokki loves having a bath but munch and Beni hate it.

I dont use the dryer Zub would flip lol and id worry id hurt them, they are in my room so i let them dry naturally! x

GG shampoo is lovely is'nt it , it makes my whole shed smell lovely and of lavender for ages,
why do some of you think showing is a touchy subject if you are a resposnsible piggy owner why should it matter that you show pigs thats your choice, all of us good piggy lovers cannot find fault if the piggys enjoy it and if you win thats a lovley compliment of having a healthy pig, because a neglected unloved one would never win,
showing is'nt my cup of tea as i think mine are all winners, but good luck to any of you that do, the whole message is to be a good pig owner, yes some pig owners who show their pigs are hard nosed utter ass holes, but the majority are not, so dont feel awkward, if they win or even being in a show means they are healthy and well looked after, what more could we all ask for,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back