• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Bathtime

GuineaPiggy101

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was wondering how often I should bathe my old cavy. He actually loves to be in the lukewarm water and splashes around in the tub. The water seems to relax him and actually helps him use the restrooms! :lol:

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering how often I should bathe my old cavy. He actually loves to be in the lukewarm water and splashes around in the tub. The water seems to relax him and actually helps him use the restrooms! :lol:
Hi!

Please check your boy for impaction if he has toiletting issues.
This guide here has all the information, including diet tips: Impaction - How To Help Your Guinea Pig.

Also have him vet checked for arthritis.

If he is one of the few piggies that really enjoy bathing, then he can have regular baths. Just discuss with your vet how you can prevent the skin from drying out too much from regular water baths.