• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Battle of wills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all :)
As you know i'm trying to persuade my piggies that Supa would be so much better for them than Gertie, I reduced the amount of Gertie in the bowl to about 10% and as they only eat half of the Gertie they're only getting about 5%!

They are still eating their veggies and hay, but i'm worried about them not eating enough, this is the 2nd day, will they eat the Supa if they get hungry enough? should I give in?I don't want them to starve :(

And I thought fussy kids were a nightmare! these piggies beat the kids hands down lol

I have very fussy guinea pigs which constantly changes food. Have you tried mixing in the Gertie and Supa together? - Is that what you are doing now? At the moment I give my guinea pigs PAH Guinea Pig Musel and Nuggets and mix them together. They really enjoy it. I usually have to swap food every so often because they get fed up of what they are eating.

I am sure your guinea pigs won't be starving as if they have plenty of hay and veggies they should be fine. Did they not like the Gertie or the Supa Guinea Pig food?

It took me about a week before they started eating the excel now they love it!

i used to feed my guinea pigs the 79p mix from Wilkinsons but now feeding them some bag of something from Jolleys.

they seem to leave some of the bits in it but it was better than them leaving half of the wilkinsons stuff.. they constantly eat hay and get veggies twice a day

when i swapped their food i put in half and half and reduced it but then just put in the whole lot

Should I try a different brand of nugget maybe? I have a sample pack of science selective coming from the manufacturer.

You could try Cavy Cuisine if they are over 10 months, if they are younger then Cavy Preformance ;) They are timothy-hay based food and I think they are the most popular, best food around! My piggies defiantly enjoy it and loads of people use it.

I buy mine online here - http://www.penstone-petstore.co.uk/acatalog/

Also, Ellie, It's not a good idea to keep changing there diet (Pellets) because it can make them sick. I know you said it doesn't bother them but it does bother there stomach, even if they don't show it. Some piggies even get diherea from it (Sp?) Also not a good idea to mix to pellet brand together.

Hope I helped!
Livie x

Guess what.... I gave in ::)
I had to, Chester had no energy, I knew something wasn't right when we didn't play the "you chase me around the cage before i let you pick me up" game last night, and during floor time he just went to a quiet corner and just sat there. So when floor time was over I gave them some Gertie and they went at it like they hadn't been fed for weeks, and this morning Chester's back to normal

What can I say, I tried..... :-[

Bevs, well done on trying but their isnt nothing worng with gerty pig. mine have been on it for 3.5 years with no problems
(touch wood)

Bevs, I have never had problems with Gertie either. If it was bad to use then surely they wouldn't be able to sell it?

Gertie is very popular with the piggies and I guess Chester just loves it to much to change :) Hehe!

Livie xx

Thanks for your support Livie Ellie and Piggiewiggie ;D

I only wanted to change it because they only pick out the bits they like so I was worried they weren't getting all the benefit of it, and then I started reading about how bad it was for them :(

But I think if it means that much to them they can stay with it, it was horrid seeing Chester like that I felt like such an evil mum. :'(

Aww, don't! I'm sure he just knew you would give in, he planned it all out, LOL ;D

That's what I don't like about gerty and I changed food and it went successful for all 5 piggies. :)

Well done you!

Livie x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back