• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

BB is back to the vets

Guineapigfeet

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
BB is a worry. She’s been very quiet all day today and had weepy/slightly gooey-but-not-really-gooey eyes this evening. She’s eating and pooing fine but just seems quite sleepy, which is unusual; normally when she’s awake, she’s awake, even if she was alarm.

Her eyes were fine at bed time just now and she was out of the favoured hidey too, but retreated as soon as she got a cucumber and didn’t come back out again. Her breathing seems normal, no weird noises or labouring. Gonna call the vets tomorrow morning and she what they think. I feel especially bad/worried as it always seems to be her! She’s had mites, a hay poke & a cyst burst and subsequent removal and lump removal a couple of months after that and the others have only had hay pokes. She also hates being medicated/ restrained!

BoredBellaaa

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aw :( I don’t have any advice but please be sure to update us after she does see the vet. I am so sorry about this situation, it must be very stressful for the both of you. Sending healing and loving vibes to both of you!❤

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Sorry to hear BB is poorly. Sending healing thoughts.xx

Guineapigfeet

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Vet can’t find any debris or damage to her eyes, but some mild conjunctivitis so have some drops for that. Teeth look fine, chest sounds fine, tummy is a bit gassy and sore so they’re off veg for a couple of days to see if that helps. She’s had a bit of painkiller too. Just waiting outside for the meds and payment machine now !