• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinea Days

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
my guineas LOVE:jel::luv::wub::love: and I mean LOVE beans. they will do anything for them.
what do your guineas like? comment / reply :)

Out of my piggies Penny loves her beans more than the others. She was raised in a home that grew their own beans and she even ate the leaves (didn't know they could)!
The others like beans, but not as much as Penny.
Their joint favourite is coriander, though lettuce goes down a treat too.
I've had nine piggies and pig-sit two, and although that's no-where near the amount that others have had/currently have I must say in my own experience I have never had a piggy who wasn't enthusiastic about coriander! :)

they kinda like cucumber. they also love various herbs. before I had these two guinea pigs I had just one black one called ben. he didn't like apple at all but my two new one they absolutely love it. pluss when somebody opens the fridge they will squeak as loud as they can as they know the noise of the packaging . lol

:lol!::luv:

food wise or...?
I was thinking food-wise but now you mention it, feel free to mention anything :)
Mine love paperbags with hay/readigrass/nuggets in, tunnels, soft beds, cardboard tubes stuffed with hay.
Foodwise they enjoy lettuce, watercress, cucumber, broccoli, carrot, celery, pepper, and they like occasional treats of grapes and apple. x

they kinda like cucumber. they also love various herbs. before I had these two guinea pigs I had just one black one called ben. he didn't like apple at all but my two new one they absolutely love it. pluss when somebody opens the fridge they will squeak as loud as they can as they know the noise of the packaging . lol

:lol!::luv:
Haha yes the fridge and squeak thing! That's familiar :) It's more the sound of chopping veggies up that set mine off.
Sounds like they have you well trained.... tee hee :)

that is very similar to mine. how ever they don't mind a bit of orange skin
unusual but they like it so it cant do them no harm.

I've read it's fine as a treat, but too much can cause sores due to the acidity :)
But then cucumber can with some (though I've not come across that in mine) and tomatoes. I forgot to mention, most of mine like tomatoes :)

my guinea pigs are called nibs and tuft (nibbles and tufty)
ps nibble is called that because he eats a lot. tufty is called that because he has tufty fur. my friend named him lol:lol!:

You're welcome
I have a pair called Freddie and Oreo (neutered boar and sow)
And a trio called Penny, Rosie and Ruby. Rosy and Ruby are young piggies rehomed to me from a loving home, but they are shy as they are getting used to us and to being here, so although I know which food they like, I am still getting to know them.

I had Shadow, Sunrise, Snowball and Cloud, who have all passed away.

What are the names of yours? There's Ben..... :)

Sorry, we posted much the same time, Nibs and Tufty are cute names :)

Please excuse me, not being rude but must go and cook now....
Hope you enjoy the forum :)

Sorry about Ben :hug:

:D The favourite amongst my girls definitely has to be cucumber. They get half a thick slice every lunch-time. It helps to flush out their bladders. Second favourite is parsley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back