Bed Too Small :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I got a bed made for the girls Christmas and I'm so annoyed as its way too small for an adults piggy but it's really cute. The bottom is really padded which would make for great comfort but it take up too much room in the inside. It is called a piggy pyramid and is supposed to fit 1 guinea pig.

Here it is

And here's Daisy next to it so you can compare sizes.

I haven't seen either of my girls use it yet but they have used their other new cosey pod loads.

Oh what a shame. When ie been looking for beds I have checked all the measurements because I don't think it easy to find one guinea pig size. There are some lovely ones out there just no good for piggies :-( sorry it's no good

Oh what a shame. When ie been looking for beds I have checked all the measurements because I don't think it easy to find one guinea pig size. There are some lovely ones out there just no good for piggies :-( sorry it's no good
I did check the measurements but thought it would be ok as I didn't realise it would be so padded. It said it would fit 1 piggy so I just went with that really. Defo wouldn't fit an adult pig. I have sows too, I defo can't imagine a big boar fitting in!

I can highly recommend Piggiepigpigs products. I bought a cosy for my girls and they can both stretch out in it pretty well. They're still not full size, but even when they grow it will offer then a decent cosy space :)

ef59e30c-18c3-4a88-bf05-4917feb0c544_zpse3afa6ee.jpg

I buy sunggle and snooze beds from cosy cavies excellent quality and fits 2 piggies i have washed them numerous times and they are still in very good condition they come in many different designs in fact I have one in the strawberry fleece same as you one that you have brought.........

I buy sunggle and snooze beds from cosy cavies excellent quality and fits 2 piggies i have washed them numerous times and they are still in very good condition they come in many different designs in fact I have one in the strawberry fleece same as you one that you have brought.........
That's good to know, I will keep that in mind. I just spotted the pyramid design and thought it looked too cute. I have beds I got made from Ziggies Piggies but they're not great as there is no padding in them so they just flatten out if that makes sense. Will look at cosy cavies when I'm next buying stuff :)

I can highly recommend Piggiepigpigs products. I bought a cosy for my girls and they can both stretch out in it pretty well. They're still not full size, but even when they grow it will offer then a decent cosy space :)

ef59e30c-18c3-4a88-bf05-4917feb0c544_zpse3afa6ee.jpg
That looks cosy! I think I have that page on Facebook already. I just really liked the pyramid design that's why I went for it. I had a snuggle sack before and the pigs lay on top of it instead of going in it haha

That looks cosy! I think I have that page on Facebook already. I just really liked the pyramid design that's why I went for it. I had a snuggle sack before and the pigs lay on top of it instead of going in it haha[/QUOTE

Yeah I'm going to look for a pyramid one next. Yeah they're either snuggled in it together, or one lays in it, whilst the other one lies on top haha.

cosy cavies are very well padded beds and the moisture just wicks away also recommend the lap mats...delivery is also very quick...

I just got a reply, she said ahe pyramids do fit 1 adult piggy and that her boar and sow both fit in her one together. She said they might not use it as they are not used to it but they took to their cosey pod straight away as well as all the other coseys i have bought them over the years. She said it would be an idea to put a piggy in it and take it for lap time but i dont see how i would be able to get a pig in it with smothering them. I think there is just so much padding inside. I wonder if i could alter it somehow.

I am sorry that the bed is not big enough for your piggies as it is lovely.

My Erika is a massive 1500g and there are very few beds she will fit in to. However, my previous piggies was brought a cosy cave from Pawsup (for cosy pets) and she manages to fit in to it comfortably. This is the web site http://www.pawsup4cosypets.co.uk

And here is Erika enjoying it

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    200.5 KB · Views: 3
I am sorry that the bed is not big enough for your piggies as it is lovely.

My Erika is a massive 1500g and there are very few beds she will fit in to. However, my previous piggies was brought a cosy cave from Pawsup (for cosy pets) and she manages to fit in to it comfortably. This is the web site http://www.pawsup4cosypets.co.uk

And here is Erika enjoying it
That looks a great size! My girls are of average weight around 1100g. I think they would fit if there wasn't so much padding inside. I bought a Piggie pod from another seller at the same time and it's massive. Both my girls fit in it together :)

It really is nice and spacious :)

I'm glad your girls have another bed they can use but you must be annoyed.

If the seller will not accept it back, would you be willing to sell it? It looks a lovely size for my degu. He's a boy but he has my old piggy beds so is used to girly colours.

Sorry, I forgot to quote your post @aimzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back