• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bedding question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, I have a small question about bedding.

You see, I have used shavings, but I have a feeling my piggies might be sneezing because of them.
I tried megazorb but my dad said it looked messy and he didn't like the look of it in the house.

I was going to try fleece but when I had my guinea pig on my lap I noticed he was trying to eat it. So I am not sure if its a good idea to get that, can it hurt them to eat it?

I was wondering what people might suggest. Something that doesn't smell too bad, but doesn't look really messy (my dad has OCD) and something they won't eat.

Thank you!

I have used shaving and hay, newspaper and hay! Both smell

Fleece with towels under/fleece with dry nights pad under!

Now on Vetbed with dry nights under lol!

Fleece and vet bed win hands down for me! No smell, well after 2-3 days, and you do need to poop patrol (I do this at least 3 times a day:)) it does help with any smells)

I only changed to vet bed as it was so soft and snuggly:red:(|)

good luck x

But is fleece okay for piggies that chew on it? I don't want them to get a ball knotting in their tummys.

Oh that does make sense. I think I might get fleece then. It does look much more pleasant to look at.

And Vetbed underneath the fleece, yes? What exactly is vetbed? I've never heard of it before.

Oh that does make sense. I think I might get fleece then. It does look much more pleasant to look at.

And Vetbed underneath the fleece, yes? What exactly is vetbed? I've never heard of it before.

I use vet bed, not fleece now lol! It's like soft carpet that lets the wee soak through (like fleece) When I used fleece I had dry night pad under (bedwetting pad for kids:))) some people use newspaper and then a towel with fleece on top! So many ways keep looking around the forum, I am def not a font of knowledge like some haha x

Oh I see.

I'm a tad confused now. Do i go for that vetbed stuff or fleece xD
Thanks though =)

I guess its a question of which you would like to try, both are good, from what I have read about them.
I have just changed from shavings to vet bed, got my first place today in fact, so if you like I will let you know how I get on with it.
But I was wondering if anyone can tell me, how often do they change there vet bed?

Hi,

If your dad had ocd I would definately opt for fleece, the 100% polyester fleece that is flatter and has less long fibers than than the vet fleece.

Use towels underneath and as long as you use a littertray and change the towels/fleece every two to three day then the smell is minimal.

It looks neat and tidy and there shouldn't be much mess:))

I guess its a question of which you would like to try, both are good, from what I have read about them.
I have just changed from shavings to vet bed, got my first place today in fact, so if you like I will let you know how I get on with it.
But I was wondering if anyone can tell me, how often do they change there vet bed?

That would be awesome thank you :)

Hi,

If your dad had ocd I would definately opt for fleece, the 100% polyester fleece that is flatter and has less long fibers than than the vet fleece.

Use towels underneath and as long as you use a littertray and change the towels/fleece every two to three day then the smell is minimal.

It looks neat and tidy and there shouldn't be much mess:))

Oh fantastic thank you. I will definitely be gettnig my piggies that for christmas then. I just bought new shavings so I'll let them run out first before I change =)

I use cut up puppy training pads to use under the fleece in the areas that they tend to wee. They usually stick to using their cat litter tray which has hay and a bit of sawdust, but the puppy pads are great and you can buy a pack of 5 from the pound shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back