Bedding

Funkyfelinefiona

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good recommendations for bedding? I used fleece but after a wash it no longer absorbed the pee and my pigs butts were wet. I’ve looked into a seller called Guineadad, who seems to sell great products but they’re pretty expensive so I’d like to see if there are any more economic options. I’m temporarily using a paper bedding from all living things to keep my pigs butts dry but it’s such a mess.

Funkyfelinefiona

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I had a couple of sheets of thick brown paper under the fleece. I used dr. bronners To wash it because i figured it would be less toxic.

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I had a couple of sheets of thick brown paper under the fleece. I used dr. bronners To wash it because i figured it would be less toxic.
You’ll need some better than brown paper as an absorbent layer - you’ll need either a mattress protector, incontinence pads or puppy pads. It needs to be something which draws urine in, away from the fleece and keeps it locked away so that the fleece can dry out. Brown paper will simply sit wet and allow urine to soak back into the fleece which will mean the fleece is constantly wet

I don’t know what dr bonners is - it’s not a detergent we have in the Uk

Chickenpies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:agr:
I personally have no problems with fleece! I use fleece bedding, I actually hand wash their things with a pet safe antibacterial detergent and let it dry. I also have a foam like material to protect the bottom of the cage (they can’t reach it anymore) then I use newspaper and then fleece on top. I’m trying puppy pads this weekend but make sure you have some absorbent layers underneath!

BoredBellaaa

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good recommendations for bedding? I used fleece but after a wash it no longer absorbed the pee and my pigs butts were wet. I’ve looked into a seller called Guineadad, who seems to sell great products but they’re pretty expensive so I’d like to see if there are any more economic options. I’m temporarily using a paper bedding from all living things to keep my pigs butts dry but it’s such a mess.
Hi! Carefresh is a pretty good and high quality bedding brand. For fleece, you could also use washable dog pee pads as a fleece. There are also good and high quality fleece bedding shops on Etsy and Amazon! I’ll link them below for you. Goodluck finding some fleece!

Handmade Small Animal Cage Liners and by DarwinsCavyCreations

Reusable Small Pet Fleece Bedding and by ShopCreationsbyKiwi

Handmade guinea pig and small animal by ThePiggiePalace on Etsy

Cozy fleece bedding for your furry family by HeathersPiggyFleece

Fleece Liners and Accessories by LovePigStudios on Etsy

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HHMMYXG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_H6RtFb0REDDM0

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C77RQQV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_37RtFbSM221WP

Fantasimo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I bought human pee pads from Amazon. £20 for 2. They are fuzzy on top, so you can either use them on their own, or beneath your fleece. I use mine in their kitchen and in the high wee corner and then have fleece in the rest 🙂

I would be happy to dig out the link if you liked, but I’ve found them super useful, easy to wash and store and easy to change over.

Funkyfelinefiona

New Born Pup
Reaction score