• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am getting my piggies this Friday. I have decided to keep them in their large hutch in the shed during the day, and in their cage in side my house during the evenings. I need some advice on which bedding is best to use for both different cages/hutches. Thanks for your help :)

i would keep them in one or the other as they don't do well with changes in temprature, wait until the end of april begining of may to put them outside. unless they are outdoors already then they should be ok outside.

lots of people use fleece on indoor cgaes for bedding. and woodshavings or megazorb with lots of hay in hutches.

there is also carefresh and others. i personally just use newspaper.

I agree with Laura, piggies dont cope well with temp changes and this can cause them to become ill.

I'd suggest looking at this thread for all the reviews on different bedding, some times you have to try a few out before finding the right one for you:
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53208

dont forget that the male and female will need to be seperated :)

x

Where were they housed before? if they were indoor pigs then I'd keep them indoor until the weather becomes warmer.

I use Megazorb - its very good.

Where were they housed before? if they were indoor pigs then I'd keep them indoor until the weather becomes warmer.

I use Megazorb - its very good.

They have always been out door pigies, ALWAYS. through snow, and everything, according to their last owner. But I was scared of them being cold :(

Although lots of people do use woodshavings, I really do not recommend it. We were recommended that and I later found out that it could cause all sorts of problems such as breathing issues and fungal infections. It could have even been a woodshaving causing Rosemary's abcess.

I would use newspaper and hay for both. Fleece could be used but indoors, smells do hang on to it.

I hope you enjoy having guinea pigs!

i would keep them in one or the other as they don't do well with changes in temprature, wait until the end of april begining of may to put them outside. unless they are outdoors already then they should be ok outside.

lots of people use fleece on indoor cgaes for bedding. and woodshavings or megazorb with lots of hay in hutches.

there is also carefresh and others. i personally just use newspaper.

I am thinking of using newspaper, put some in there run and they made it soaking after a few hrs..:{

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back