• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Beds for my new piggies

Reggiebooboo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have two little piggies and want to get them a comfy bed something like the pic attached. Can you tell me if they need one each? Thanks and sorry for asking so many questions!

Attachments

• 841CFA7F-EC3D-4B4A-8C33-AB6F5D78E9A3.png
    841CFA7F-EC3D-4B4A-8C33-AB6F5D78E9A3.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 7
I would if I were you. My two piggies don't want to share their cuddle sacks. Cocoa normally kicks poor Oreo out if I just have one in there. Oreo then is forced to pout and give me pitiful looks till I put the other one in.

Yes, one each of every item.
I used to have some of those beds, they look so comfy and warm particularly as my piggies live in my shed, but they refused to use them 🙁

Yes, one each of every item.
I used to have some of those beds, they look so comfy and warm particularly as my piggies live in my shed, but they refused to use them 🙁

Same experience here - they looked nice but stayed mostly ignored... They are also rather small for growing piggies and definitely for fully grown ones.

There are some excellent cosies available that in some cases help to support guinea pig rescues; these are made by guinea pig keeping people for piggy owners, and they really hit the spot when the piggies vote with their feet (or rather flopped bodies)! You can find the contacts under 'accessories' in this link here: Members recommended UK and US sites for fleece cage liners and accessories

Please always have as many hideys and cosies of each as you have piggies in order to preven bullying. Make sure that any huts and cosies can be exited in more than one way so the underpiggy cannot be 'locked in' by a dominant bully. This will remove one of the most common flashpoints for fights when the locked-in piggy will see themselves forced to bite and fight in defence due to lack of escape.

From my experience, even if you have Guinea pigs that use them, they’ll pee and poop all over them and if you don’t like putting pee-soaked hides in the washing machine, then you’d be replacing them really often which is impractical.
For me, it looks very cute but is more something I’d use if they were only in it for a few minutes for cuddle time, not full time.
i agree that you need two at least to avoid bickering.

The Rosewood ones with carrots on are much bigger - My girls are obsessed with theirs so much I've ordered more. I have some of the smaller ones but mainly get used by nervous singletons that have just arrived in foster, they seem to appreciate the security.

My guinea pigs like the circus tent hidey by HayPigs. I like it because it comes with extra pads for the bottom and it's machine washable 😂😂

Back