• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Beer can in my hay bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

4piggiepigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I bought some hay from where i normally do and some time's i get the little twig's in but this time there was a squashed beer can! Has anyone else had this problem? my sister in law has had some sweet wrappers but I'm worried about the beer can as its dangerous

Were do you buy your hay from?

I never find anything in my hay but I buy Oxbow and would be extremely upset if I found anything as its so expensive I expect nothing but Quality.

Just a local farm supply shop they sell thing's for horse's like giant bags of sawdust and readigrass, the hay is normally really nice and my piggies love it it comes in bag's like animal magic sells (dust free hay) maybe i should buy from there but i never got my order last time it wasn't their fault and i got a refund but its a bit of hassel, the shop is the best place to get hay from near me

I've never bought farm hay, buy big bales online though from the German Zooplus.

Guess it could be worse, I've heard of finding dead rats or mice in hay. :( :)>>>

Just a local farm supply shop they sell thing's for horse's like giant bags of sawdust and readigrass, the hay is normally really nice and my piggies love it it comes in bag's like animal magic sells (dust free hay) maybe i should buy from there but i never got my order last time it wasn't their fault and i got a refund but its a bit of hassel, the shop is the best place to get hay from near me

I use hay Experts they send you an email when it is going to arrive which is handy.

There is also rumours that Sally from Pampered piggies, is re-opening I am so Excited. I hope she does!

Well i gues i should be glad then lol, it's in sealed plastic bag just sold from the shop, they do bale's too but ive never bought them i gave my piggies farm hay once and they never ate it but they scoff this one just have to check for beer and now mice yuck!

I just looked on the hay experts and the pure pasture's meadow hay is the one i buy that had the can in it

I have found some terrible things in my hay bales for my horses in Spain...sanitary towels and beer cans were favourites, along with dead animals (rats, hedgehogs...) and a strange clown doll once (that was creepy). I hate having to buy the hay from the same place, but you just can't find it in Spain. As it is we have to get alfalfa hay instead of grass hay which isn't ideal.

I have found some terrible things in my hay bales for my horses in Spain...sanitary towels and beer cans were favourites, along with dead animals (rats, hedgehogs...) and a strange clown doll once (that was creepy). I hate having to buy the hay from the same place, but you just can't find it in Spain. As it is we have to get alfalfa hay instead of grass hay which isn't ideal.

Oh God, that clown doll would freak me out!

Even if you get your hay from somewhere else now, I think you should let them know what you found in the hay, as if the beer can had been in smaller pieces you might not have noticed and given it to your piggies.

I found the remains of a balloon in a bag of hay recently.

DSC06129.jpg

The hay was Comfey Pets Meadow Hay which I get from my local petshop. I emailed them with 'Complaint' in the title but did not get a reply.

I found the remains of a balloon in a bag of hay recently.

DSC06129.jpg

The hay was Comfey Pets Meadow Hay which I get from my local petshop. I emailed them with 'Complaint' in the title but did not get a reply.

I use that hay aswell so far not found anything but findng a balloon could be dangerous i will be really on the look out from now on

This may have been a mistake.
The hay could be kept in a field and a bird will fly by and drop rubbish onto it ( {:| ), the field owner will 9 times out of 10 will not cheak the hay before getting it ready to be sold out. :{

Sorry to hear about this though! :(

I never thought about finding things in the hay before, I must admit I am wary now I would hate to find a dead mouse or something :)) :))

my guinea pigs use pets at home brand hay. never found anything in it except hay obviously! :) i would try and stop using the hay you found a beer can in incase it is not safe hay. but it really is up to you. i wouldnt risk the health of my piggies though! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back