• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bell pepper?

Sophie B

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know guinea pigs are allowed to have bell pepper, I was just wondering how much to give? This would be the only veg they’ve had today. Is this too much?image.jpg

I know guinea pigs are allowed to have bell pepper, I was just wondering how much to give? This would be the only veg they’ve had today. Is this too much?View attachment 106976

Hi! As an emergency one-off it is OK but it is not very balanced. Excess vitamin C is simply excreted, it is not stored in the body so you can't feed a lot one day and nothing on the others. ;)

Please feed a mix of veg if possible. This is the picture from our diet guide with a sample diet.
1550262630407.png

For my two. I would feed 4 of those chunks a day. But thats along side other veg aswell

Hi! As an emergency one-off it is OK but it is not very balanced. Excess vitamin C is simply excreted, it is not stored in the body so you can't feed a lot one day and nothing on the others. ;)

Please feed a mix of veg if possible. This is the picture from our diet guide with a sample diet.
View attachment 106977
Have run out of veg, that’s a very helpful photo, thanks!

We've almost run out of veg too, tonight mine got a slice of red pepper and a slightly limp little gem lettuce leaf each, this morning they had a slice of cucumber and a slice of carrot each.
Big veg shop planned for first thing tomorrow to bring them bistro salad, coriander, broccolli, beansprouts and 3 more peppers!

Mine would easily eat all that pepper.
Red pepper is a favourite but since Priscilla and Phoebe arrived Jemimah has now realised that actually she does like green pepper too. She doesn’t know why I thought she didn’t

Back