• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Benji - Forum Sponsor Piggy - Teas.

Please keep Benji in your thoughts. He's struggling to eat well tonight and will need his teeth burring under GA tomorrow. Whilst Simon can normally carry out conscious dental work, Benji's mouth opens so little, making it impossible for Simon to get a file into his mouth, while Benji is awake. It is only four weeks since Benji's last dental under GA and it is always risky, as Benji is such a low weight, but it needs to be done. Despite having difficulty eating, Benji is still very bright and lively this evening. It's going to be a very anxious day tomorrow.

Benji is going to the vets at 1 pm. I am spending this morning syringe feeding him little by little. He is struggling to manoeuvre the food around his mouth, so although he is hungry he can't take the food quickly. I want to make sure he has plenty of food on board before I take him.

Sorry for the lack of updates but we have been incredibly busy at TEAS. I am absolutely devastated to report the following update that was posted by Emma @MintyAndGarry (TEAS) on our TEAS FB page on Saturday. As is mentioned in the statement, Emma and Andrew are away for the whole of August, so I am dealing with all the day to day stuff alone, at what is my busiest time of year for my petsitting business too. Therefore please accept my apologies for only posting this very sad update now. I am still coming to terms with the loss of such a special little piggy.

Love Debbie xx

It is with incredibly heavy hearts that we have to report the sad passing of Benji. Things had simply got too much for his little body and it is suspected that he was going into septic shock. The kindest thing to do was to let him go.
Benji won't be lonely on his journey over Rainbow Bridge, as Toby joined him this morning. He had developed spinal pain and a heart issue. Despite the best efforts, he too was helped on his way.
As you can imagine, this has knocked us all for six. Debbie is dealing with all of this, as we are away at the moment. We ask for some time, while we come to terms with our losses. We will post more in depth at a later time.

I am so very sorry that you had to send off two of your boys at the same time.

Benji has certainly defied any stereotype about a guinea pig with severe dental and abscess problems not being able to enjoy life and not wanting to live further! He was truly a piggy hero!

I'm so sorry Debbie and everyone at TEAS. Benji was indeed a piggy hero, as Wiebke as said. I'm so sorry to hear about poor Toby too.

Thank you to all those who have expressed their sympathy regarding the passing of my 'very extra special' boy. I am somewhat upset to see how few people have even acknowledged his passing. I guess that is due to the fact I am not a regular poster on the forum, but feel very sad that this means Benji clearly didn't touch many hearts on here. Life at TEAS is incredibly busy and my focus has to be on the animals in my care. Therefore I will no longer be posting any updates on the animals at TEAS on here and will just concentrate on our Facebook page. Apologies to anyone who doesn't use Facebook, although our page can be viewed by anyone and not just Facebook users. Here is the link to our page.

The Excellent Adventure Sanctuary (for guinea pigs with extra needs)

I've been on vacation and not spending so much time online, and this sad piece of news had slipped my radar. I'm ever so sorry to hear of the passing of Benji. Even though I'm relatively new to the forum, I'm familiar with Benji's story, and he most certainly did touch my heart.

Popcorn free dear Benji xx

I am sorry I did not see this post earlier. But I am having issues with my Wi FI connection, which I hope is now sorted. So any system access I had to keep limited as I was told I was nearing my limit.
I find this post a really sad post to read.
Losing Benji after providing so much care and then losing Toby will have hit you hard.
I don't use facebook but I hope you will give occasional updates on this forum so I know how you and TEAS are.
Please don't think Benji and all the guinea pigs you have cared for and continue to care for are forgotten.
You do an amazingly demanding and special type of caring for your guinea pigs in your charge.
Even if people are unable to show their support online their will be many members and ex members affected by this post.
Take care and I hope you can come to terms with Benji's loss.

So very sorry for the tragic loss! I rang my partner as soon as I saw the post about Benjis unfortunate passing :( we always loved to come and read the thread! We especially loved the video of him jumping through the air ❤️

He was a special boy and extremely brave! TEAS went above and beyond for the little lad and I can see how he loved you all dearly!

RIP little benji, popcorn over the rainbow bridge little man x

I am so sorry to hear your sad news.
RIP sweet Benji and Toby.

Very pleased to hear Tiggy is going to such a lovely home.

Benji's wife, Tiggy, will start her new life today. She no longer needs to be at TEAS, as the issues she originally came with are cured. Tiggy is a very lucky girl as she's going to a five star home with the lovely @Wiebke

Tiggy (Mrs Tiggywinkle) has now been renamed Teggy or officially Tegwen Draenog ("Beautiful and blessed hedgehog").

She is currently on the lawn, meeting her hopefully new piggy family through the bars.
IMG_5335.JPG

I'm very sorry for the loss of Benji and Toby,TEAS does so much.i would like to thank you for all your support and devoted time to these special piggies.you would be sorely missed if you were not able to help these dental piggies.x

Back