• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Benjie Has Been To The Vets Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
took benjie (and mollie) to the vets today because benjie didn't seem quite himself. not massively so but just not as energetic and he's gained more weight again without any real reason for it. he also felt really hot, even last night when it was cooler.

anyway, the vet couldn't find anything wrong so we think either he doesn't handle the heat well and it made him a bit lethargic, so as it's meant to be cooler again from tomorrow, we have to see if he perks up again which makes it seem like it was 'just' the heat. we also have to reduce the pellets even more because benjie is overweight now. the vet said he's big and strong, but he has gained alot of weight since we got him. it does seem too much. the other thing the vet said was that it could be some kind of growth or tumour, but with the amount of gain, he would expect to beable to feel it somewhere and he can't.

so keeping an eye for now, and fingers crossed he gets back to his usual self, but if not, we can have bloods done and see if anything shows there.

the poor piggies were so scared on the journey there and back. it was so hot in the taxi and the windows were all open so there was alot of noise aswell.

thanks. fingers crossed he will be 100% again soon. he's such a happy, energetic boy so even this slight quietness was noticeable. the heat makes sense though because it was our hottest day here yesterday and today and our house gets so hot :(

his temperature was checked aswell and it's normal, so it doesn't seem like it's anything internal like an infection etc. basically he was just felt and checked over - teeth, eyes, ears, penis, temperature, nose... anything that could be looked at was! so it's good nothing obvious was found.

better safe than sorry though.

i think it must have been. makes sense really not moving around when you're hot! but i had to be sure... he's acting alot better already now it's cooled down. just scoffed his tea, and is moving around fine, rumbling and enjoying tickles off me :)) he purrs so loudly :)) :luv:

eta: and now he's running round doing huge pops! must be fun worrying me! pesky piggy :))

Glad he is ok now, they are a worry these piggies. It might be worth investing in a free standing air conditioner for when the weather gets really hot? I have one for my shed, it works really well but is a bit noisy. Its bliss to go in there on a hot humid day!

Glad he is ok now, they are a worry these piggies. It might be worth investing in a free standing air conditioner for when the weather gets really hot? I have one for my shed, it works really well but is a bit noisy. Its bliss to go in there on a hot humid day!

we will definitely get one. we did have one but my dad remembered after a while and asked for it back (was hoping he would forget :))) - so i'll be getting a replacement for it sooner rather than later after this episode! our house does get too hot because all the windows for every room face the garden, and the garden has the sun all day :(

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back