• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Benson

tabelmabel

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I took Benson to be pts this morning. He has been so brave these past few weeks, trying his best to cope despite being very ill. He had a little bath this morning and some painkiller and sweetcorn before going to the vet. I brought him home and popped him in the cage with Mike. He looks very peaceful. He was a grand old chap, just a month off his 7th birthday.

Here he is this morning, his final picture with my daughter20190523_074920.jpg
🌈🌈

My heart sank when I saw your little lads name in here. I am really sorry, you have fought so hard for him. Massive hugs to you, please remember what a great life he had so very full of fun and love. Huge hugs x x

Sleep well handsome boy

RIP Benson
x x

I’m sorry to hear this. I’m glad you got those last few good weeks with him

BIG HUGS

I am very sorry that Benson's time has come. He has given it a very respectable go against the odds, though!

No matter how much you brace for it, the actual pain of the loss is always bigger than expected. :(
But I hope that by going through your grieving process more consciously that it will be easier on you all in the medium and longer term and that while it has been no less heart-beaking to send him on his journey, it has been with an easier mind as you know you have done your utmost in the last weeks to make them as good and special as possible for both Benson and you.

RIP - Benson will always hold a special place in your heart and your memories!

Thank you everyone. All your lovely messages have got me in bits again - i was in such a state at the vet, they said i didnt need to pay. I felt better when i looked at him at home as, apart from a small sore on one of his feet, he looked very well cared for. His tummy was nice and clean, his little daily tummy and bum baths had done the trick. His coat stayed nice and thick til the end, hiding his skeletal frame. He really looks very peaceful.

So sorry for the loss of your lovely, brave Benson.
Look after yourselves now. Grief takes time to work out

I was so sorry to read your sad update in your other post. I do believe he will be at peace now. Probably popcorning and munching grass and his favourite sweetcorn in a beautiful place as we speak. He will know how loved and cared for he was.

My personal beliefs are that he will show himself to you in the future. It may be that, in time, he guides you to a piggy that he knows you will love and cherish as you did him. I also think there’s something in the idea of reincarnation. I’m quite sure some of my current piggies are previous piggies who have chosen to live with me again years later.
But, for the time being, he will rest until it’s time to pay you a visit.
Much love to you and run free over the bridge Benson xx🌈

Thankyou everyone. We have now buried benson in the garden. I had a good look at his tummy just before we popped him in the ground and i was pleased to see it was very clean and fluffy. A few weeks ago, it had been stained with poo and it just wouldnt seem to come clean. Although he often had wet poo and urine on his tummy when i lifted him out of his cage in the morning, he got to enjoy his daily soaks in the sandwich box and was happy to sit and soak for 5/10 mins each day. It did the trick and he really looked and smelt beautiful lying peacefully in a small box.

I just trimmed his nails a couple of days ago and it was good for me to see him looking well taken care of. It would have been upsetting to have found faeces stuck into his fur i think but there was nothing. He really did look very beautiful at the end.

I took Benson to be pts this morning. He has been so brave these past few weeks, trying his best to cope despite being very ill. He had a little bath this morning and some painkiller and sweetcorn before going to the vet. I brought him home and popped him in the cage with Mike. He looks very peaceful. He was a grand old chap, just a month off his 7th birthday.

Here he is this morning, his final picture with my daughterView attachment 113944
🌈🌈
aw, so sorry that you have lost Benson, he was a brave boy x
Sending you all hugs, so sad x
Sleep tight little man x

Thankyou everyone. We have now buried benson in the garden. I had a good look at his tummy just before we popped him in the ground and i was pleased to see it was very clean and fluffy. A few weeks ago, it had been stained with poo and it just wouldnt seem to come clean. Although he often had wet poo and urine on his tummy when i lifted him out of his cage in the morning, he got to enjoy his daily soaks in the sandwich box and was happy to sit and soak for 5/10 mins each day. It did the trick and he really looked and smelt beautiful lying peacefully in a small box.

I just trimmed his nails a couple of days ago and it was good for me to see him looking well taken care of. It would have been upsetting to have found faeces stuck into his fur i think but there was nothing. He really did look very beautiful at the end.
I think how peaceful and clean he looked will bring you some comfort. When Hamish’s previous friend Barney passed away, he looked incredibly peaceful. In fact, he just looked like he was laying down for a rest. It was strangely comforting as his death had been unexpected: ill that afternoon, diagnosis of pneumonia by the vet, strong antibiotics, then we lost him that night. Hamish wouldn’t leave his side and cuddled up to him for a good couple of hours when he died. He died in the winter so I had him cremated. When Hamish goes, I will place Barney’s ashes with him in the garden. I think seeing our beloved piggies at peace is quite reassuring and I hope you feel that about Benson. Xx

Back