Bereaved Milo

Jo83

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello
Some of you may know that my gorgeous George suddenly died last week far too young at only 11months old. He left behind his brother Milo, they were very well bonded & now I'm worried about getting a new friend for him 😕
Milo seems unaffected, he’s eating & investigating around the cage as he normally would & I'm spending as much time as possible with him but I know that can’t make up for the companionship of another piggie. I’m going to look at getting him neutered so I can get him a sow cage mate (I know I’ll have to wait 6weeks after the op) & after reading several posts on here I’m guessing guinea pig dating is the best way to go about it, just wondering what happens once the process at the rescue is finished & I bring the new pig home, do they still need to be in separate/adjoining cages? Or is that the process complete & they can go straight in the cage together?
I had George & Milo from 2mths old & other than some rumble strutting I never had any real dominance issues so I’m nervous about introducing a new pig and any potential issues.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello
Some of you may know that my gorgeous George suddenly died last week far too young at only 11months old. He left behind his brother Milo, they were very well bonded & now I'm worried about getting a new friend for him 😕
Milo seems unaffected, he’s eating & investigating around the cage as he normally would & I'm spending as much time as possible with him but I know that can’t make up for the companionship of another piggie. I’m going to look at getting him neutered so I can get him a sow cage mate (I know I’ll have to wait 6weeks after the op) & after reading several posts on here I’m guessing guinea pig dating is the best way to go about it, just wondering what happens once the process at the rescue is finished & I bring the new pig home, do they still need to be in separate/adjoining cages? Or is that the process complete & they can go straight in the cage together?
I had George & Milo from 2mths old & other than some rumble strutting I never had any real dominance issues so I’m nervous about introducing a new pig and any potential issues.
Please contact Glynneath Guinea Pig Rescue up the valley from Neath. They are by far the best and safest place to find a new friend for Milo and well worth the extra mile in the whole of South Wales.
Rescue Locator

munchmonster

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I have a recently bereaved boar who was clearly missing his partner so I made an appointment with a guinea pig rescue in the hope of finding him a new friend. It was the best thing I did, and well worth the travel time! He found a gorgeous sow and they bonded extremely well and now live happily together in my home. I would definitely recommend a visit. Good luck Milo

Jo83

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have a recently bereaved boar who was clearly missing his partner so I made an appointment with a guinea pig rescue in the hope of finding him a new friend. It was the best thing I did, and well worth the travel time! He found a gorgeous sow and they bonded extremely well and now live happily together in my home. I would definitely recommend a visit. Good luck Milo
Aww nice to hear it all worked out, I’m keeping everything crossed for the same for Milo 🤞🏼

Jo83

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Haven’t had any joy with Glynneath unfortunately, their bonding services are on hold atm but they are going to see if there’s any other rescues she can recommend so 🤞🏼

Qualcast&Flymo

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Haven’t had any joy with Glynneath unfortunately, their bonding services are on hold atm but they are going to see if there’s any other rescues she can recommend so 🤞🏼
That's a shame! Would you be able to go as far Little Wheekers near Bristol? @Betsy 's Christian and Meg went dating there a few weeks ago.
That's if the recent Covid travel restrictions aren't affecting you, of course :(

Betsy

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I contacted Little Wheakers by email and Lesley replied a few days later. I came home with Pretty Patsy and she is settling in nicely and copies everything that Christian and Meg do. It's really great to see her settled so quickly.

Jo83

New Born Pup
Reaction score
@Betsy @Qualcast&Flymo Thanks both I did see them on the locator, no I’m happy to travel to get it right for Milo & there’s probably not much difference between Bristol & Neath for me, I’m pretty much in the middle. Luckily I’m not on a local lockdown as of yet so I’ll definitely give them a try thank you ☺

Betsy

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
If they have a Piggy they want to try Milo with, I'm sure you'll pass the Lesley test. She's quite strict with who she lets have the Piggies left in her care.

Jo83

New Born Pup
Reaction score
If they have a Piggy they want to try Milo with, I'm sure you'll pass the Lesley test. She's quite strict with who she lets have the Piggies left in her care.
Sign of a good rescue 👍🏼