• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Best fruit or veg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What is the best fruit or veg your guinea pigs like best!

Mine go made at bananas and cucumber

mine just gave bananas a weird look and left them

cucumber and cabbage

we found a stall on victoria market today that let mum have the cut off cabbage leaves etc for nothing ;D
and shes just spent £35 on treats,thats more than my dad gets spent on him all year

Mine go nuts for kale - though I don't like them to have it everyday because it is quite high in calcium.

They also love spring greens and dandelions. In the summer it is great because there favourite thing ever is to munch on the grass!

dandelion and cucumber :)

carrots are well liked, but cucumber and dandelion are gone within seconds!

Broccolli is the winner every time, then cucumber, then occasionally honey dew melon which they adore :P

forgot to add - they just seem to be warming up to parsley, its a big hit with Tango anyway :)

I think that might be replacing the carrot soon ^_^

my guinea's number one would be grass

Then Pepper
apple if it comes off my apple ;D
Pear is another fav
parsley

peppers as in red and green ones etc?
ive never tried mine with that,i feel a visit to the market coming on...again

okies cool ;)

ill try that tomm then,i can imagine lil red mouths after though,lol

i think peppers are a love it or hate it thing, mine have never touched one and others say their piggies leave everything just to get one..

whoa mum got 3 bags of mixed fruit and veg off the market this morning for £1................. :o

thatll be one shed load of happy smiling piggy lips

Tonni loves banana skin, then cucumber and broccoli as his faves

Guinea will have broccoli or melon first.

Titch and Jo-Jo always eat carrot first

Icey and Tiny have always gone for carrots first

Peanuts, Squirt and Cutie fight for cucumber then broccoli!

Rattie, Turvy and Cherry go for cabbage and the carrots

well it depands what week it is with holly and meggie one week there wont eat something so i dont it it for a few weeks than i get it again and there eat it

but lilly and molly love caddgie watergrass spainh and carrots

watermelon,spring greens,and lettuce. They are really picky and i have lost count of the amount of stuff they have rejected ::)

tomatoes mine love! i grew hanging tomatoes in my baskets this year just for them!

2nd favourite is leafy carrot tops

My boys only eat carrots, leaf lettuce and brocolli. Everything else gets the thumbs down.

My older boars love cucumber
My younger boy isn't really interested in veg at the moment.

Some of mine love banana whereas others aren't bothered. If I count all the pigs I've had, the foods that have been eaten with gusto are;
Grass
dandelion
lettuce
cabbage
parsnips
turnip
carrots
beetroot
corn on the cob
apples
pears
bananas
melon
kiwi fruit
grapes
raspberries
cucumber
I've even had a few pigs that would eat oranges.
In my opinion, beetroot is the best thing if you're wanting to bulk your pigs up ;)

Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back