• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Best Herbs To Feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJG

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys looking for some advice on what herb leaves (ie basil etc) fresh to feed my boys

Just seeing as tescos has some living herb plants and thought they could have a treat!

Any advice or recommendations would really help !

IMG_0943.JPG

My piggies love coriander and it can be fed fairly frequently.

Parsley is always a hit, but it is high in calcium so should be fed sparingly. Same with basil.

Mint can be popular - but only 2 of mine will eat it.

Dill is also apparently popular although none of mine eat it with any enthusiasm.

I grow coriander in pots from time to time and the piggies do definitely enjoy it.

mine love parsley and dill,corriander is liked by some of my piggies.i get big bunches of fresh parsley and corriander from the local market.

Mine enjoy coriander, mint, parsley and now basil too, as well as the occasional tiny sprig of thyme. I also bought a bunch of dhania the other day which was marked right down. They devoured that! Just googled to check spelling and i see it's just another name for coriander! :doh:

Reactions: Tim
Mint and coriander/dhania are a hit with our boys, they're addicted to the stuff! :)) But then again, they eat pretty much anything I'll give them :)

Thank you so much guys for your help :) really appreciated !

Coriander is a great choice, less calcium than other herbs and generally loved by most piggies

My two love their herbs. I give them coriander most days. They love parsley, basil and mint but they only get them occasionally. Mint is the least favourite but they will eat it.

Mine love coriander. They won't touch mint but they will eat parsley. I don't think they were keen on basil.

Our girls love coriander, parsley (flat leaf or curly), and dill.

Basil caused such a commotion that we haven't tried it again. Honestly they were not happy we had dared to put such a thing in their food bowl. It clearly was the food of the devil. I can only think it was the smell?!

My piggies love coriander and it can be fed fairly frequently.

Parsley is always a hit, but it is high in calcium so should be fed sparingly. Same with basil.

Mint can be popular - but only 2 of mine will eat it.

Dill is also apparently popular although none of mine eat it with any enthusiasm.

I grow coriander in pots from time to time and the piggies do definitely enjoy it.
I didn't know basil was high in calcium, my Guiseppe loves it.Ill only give him it sparingly now.Luckily he also loves mint.I call him a druggie lol, the way he snatches it and eats it in 2 seconds.

Our girls love coriander, parsley (flat leaf or curly), and dill.

Basil caused such a commotion that we haven't tried it again. Honestly they were not happy we had dared to put such a thing in their food bowl. It clearly was the food of the devil. I can only think it was the smell?!
The smell is vile to me but my 2 boys love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back