• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Best insurance for multiple guinea pigs?

The only Uk provider for piggy insurance is Exotic Direct.
Youll have to do your research as to whether the cover will provide what you need and with the excesses. Sometimes it’s just cheaper to have a vet fund saved up in a separate bank account

:agr: As above, make sure you read the small print. I had insurance for the boys the first year I had them. I did the maximum cover but there was something about some things not being covered. The renewal quote was quite expensive so I decided to just put the money away separately. I was lucky in that I didn’t have to use it but would have been better off keeping the monthly fee.

I sell some of my stuff (and my friends' stuff) on ebay to pay for my vet fund. Sometimes I don't have much in my vet fund other times I have quite a bit depending on sales and which piggy (and how often) has visited the vet.

Back