• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Best liner for a carry case?

TheWillowPigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm travelling back to my parents house with my guinea pigs this afternoon. I have 3 bonded sows and a cat carry case to put them in. What's the best option for lining the case in terms of grip for the guinea pigs?

I can do:
- A towel
- A fleece
- A bathmat
- Newspaper
- Shavings

And of course they will have plenty of hay! Thank you!

I use newspaper with hay on top. When it’s very fresh and they burrow under the hay, they do slide a bit, but once they’re sitting on it they’re fine

I use a fleece with a hay on the top and something nice for them to nibble on like cucumber or pepper. I usually put in a snuggle sack or snuggle tube as well.

I use a puppy pad with hay on top. The pad enables them to grip so keep steady. I usually take some cucumber to give them to keep hydrated too.

I use newspaper with a towel on top and then some soft hay, and if we're going further than the vets (a mile away) I add a fleecy tunnel and some cucumber or salad leaves!

I have cucumber ready for them to nibble. It's an hour and a half journey, one 2 of them have made many times, but this is the first time with this big carrier - I used to split the herd between 2 guinea pig carriers but now that I only have 3 I am reluctant to seperate them for the journey.

I have plenty of hay too!

Thank you :)

One of the piggies is tiny, its fine xD She's 10 months and only weighs like 700g, she's small but has a little tubby belly so! xD

Back