Best Piggy day EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So today i went and had a word with my local green grosser about getting his "waste" to feed my guinea pigs (i'm trying to cut down costs) and not only did he say thats fine and what days to come and see him, but he bagged me up 3 massive broccoli's and most of a cabbage - all in perfect nic! I was so chuffed! (so was hubby!)

But the BEST news came from my darling hubby his morning...last night we had a very heated discussion, where he really put his foot down saying i was not to have any more GP's, 5 is enough and thats that - end of discussion.

This morning, he rang to say he felt dreadful all night for being such an arse and who was he to stand in my way of having a "hobby". And then he says "if you want a 100 GPs, have 100 GPs, all i ask is that they are kept in the Utility room so that they dont take up room in the rest of the house"....I was smilling from ear to ear! I even said about converting the shed, but he said no - its too cold, keep them in the utility room! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!xx>>>xx>>>xx>>>xx>>>xx>>>

So now I'm busy sourcing second hand hutches/cages so my furry family can grow!
And ive got to re-organise the utility room so i can fir AS MANY cages as i can i there!...i wont go mad ( i dont have the time or the money to get as mad as i wuld love to!), but I'm really excited!

I easily have room for 3 120 and maybe a 140 cage....just got to move some things around! woop woop!

Oh, and i sproosed up the girls home with some pretty flowers! lol
5534054349_a0bfc319db.jpg

5534635870_b3d9ab7946.jpg

Toffeewoffee

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wow, that great news, what a lovely understanding OH you have, i know when my OH says no he means it!

This makes Birthdays and Christmas's easier for your family, you could ask for Money for a piggie fund!

Love the set up they look happy in there, good idea about getting the scraps from the Greengrocers, never thought of that before......

helen105281

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Woo hoo that's fantastic. I love the flowers on the girls' cage too.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Awwwwww thats a fabulous cage I loooove the flowers x)

Guinea pig slave

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Lovely set up - despite a clean out at least twice a day, my piggies just trash theirs :(|) It looks lovely and tidy before I go to bed but the morning is another story rolleyes Just what do piggies get up to at night, hmmm :{

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
lol bless him what a brilliant day! I would say think about C&C grid, you can then build several decent sized cages on top of each other which means more space for piggies hehe

Good work with the greengrocer as well its always brill to find someone like that, my mums local one gives us a bag of leaves and throws a few carrots in too hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.