Betty Bunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BossHogg

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Reaction score
After losing Rebel and Angel in December, I cant believe I'm here again! Betty was pretty lethargic last night, she had slow and laboured breathing this afternoon. I gave her a dose of Metacam and she eased slightly, I took my son to the cinema for his birthday and on my return, Betty had died in MrsHogg's arms. Betty was 7 and I'd had her since she was a kit. She was a present for my 40th, she would have been 8 in July. Night night my little princess and binky free over the bridge. Reunited with Barty, Bella, Angel and Rebel. :(

DSC00028_zpsowf2w1gd.jpg

Attachments

• P220312_15.010001.webp
    P220312_15.010001.webp
    135 KB · Views: 14
Oh Tom I really am so very sorry. How truly heartbreaking. I know how special she was to you. This has been such a difficult few months for you. My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry. Xx

After losing Rebel and Angel in December, I cant believe I'm here again! Betty was pretty lethargic last night, she had slow and laboured breathing this afternoon. I gave her a dose of Metacam and she eased slightly, I took my son to the cinema for his birthday and on my return, Betty had died in MrsHogg's arms. Betty was 7 and I'd had her since she was a kit. She was a present for my 40th, she would have been 8 in July. Night night my little princess and binky free over the bridge. Reunited with Barty, Bella, Angel and Rebel. :(

DSC00028_zpsowf2w1gd.jpg
View attachment 23279
Aw no! She was a beauty and no doubt had such a fantastic 7 years with you!

I am so sorry that you have lost yet another long eared family member in such a quick succession. Betty was a beautiful girl; so sad that she had to leave before her time.

RIP Betty

Oh what a shame, I am so sorry for you. She undoubtedly had a lovely life with you. She was beautiful.

Really sorry Boss, She had the most amazing home with you all and was truly loved and adored. She would have taken comfort with Mrs Hogg with her. Hope you are okay buddy x

Sleep well pretty girl

RIP Betty
x x

Oh Boss, I'm so sorry :( She was a lucky girl to have you. Sleep tight gorgeous Betty Bunny x x

She's now at rest, shes been cremated. :(

One good thing to come from this, since The big hutch is now down to 2 rabbits, I'm going to seal the hatch in the right hand hutch and make the upstairs into just one big sleeping area. The left hand hutch will have the hatch for getting upstairs. The right hand lower level is now going to be split in two and a ramp put in, the 2 piggies are going to move in there, one the door has been adjusted for 2 levels. I can then put the piggy hutch outside as a day shelter for when they are playing in their pen. I can then put a small bench up for the heater and the cat's bed to give me a lot more floor space in the shed. That means they can play in the shed during inclement weather. ;) The new segment the pigs will be moving into will have a big advantage over their current hutch. Their current hutch is a converted packing crate which is 5-6 years old, whereas their new hutch was only built during last summer and has insulation between the hutch wall and the shed wall meaning it will be even warmer for the piggies. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back