• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Biggest Travel Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maisy and Poppy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I am travelling with my piggies for an hour and I wondered where you can buy the biggest travel cage from? My piggies have the blue rectangular one from pets@home ( biggest small animal one I could find in their store ) ! :)
Many thanks!

I think the general consensus on here is tht it's best for them to travel in small carriers rather than large ones or cages/crates. Simply for the reason that they are safer this way of you have an accident.

I think the general consensus on here is tht it's best for them to travel in small carriers rather than large ones or cages/crates. Simply for the reason that they are safer this way of you have an accident.
Okay is one that is around 40cm long and 20cm wide okay for 2 piggies?

You can pick up nice cat carriers from around £10 that are perfect for travelling piggies as you can make them comfortable but there isn't a huge amount of space for them to get thrown around in. Mine always travel in cat carriers.

You can pick up nice cat carriers from around £10 that are perfect for travelling piggies as you can make them comfortable but there isn't a huge amount of space for them to get thrown around in. Mine always travel in cat carriers.
Mine is about the size of a cat carrier.

I use a cat carrier too, have 1 very large one for if I take more than 2, and about 5 or 6 regular size ones. I tend to only use the small animal ones for my hamsters.

Go for the smallest possible. Having been in an accident when on the way to the vets with a very sick piggy, the only reason he survived was due to him being in a tiny carrier. The accident was so severe (someone ploughed into the back of my car at great speed) that I was knocked out. Even though I was wearing a seatbelt I was thrown forward with some force. I go cold thinking what could have happened to the piggy if he had been in a larger carrier where he could've been catapulted across it

Eek, thats a worry, sound horrendous. For longer journeys (1 hour +) I travel them in their large indoor cage in the back of the car so its home from home. They have water, hay etc but I do not travel with their food bowl. I cover them over and to be honest they sleep the whole way there! However, what you say makes absolute sense. I will be changing this from now on.

I use the blue carriers from p@h for my piggies (Savic Pet Caddy standard) and have made very good experiences, even for long distances. They are also pretty safe for piggies to travel in; guinea pigs are generally happier and calmer in a confined, dark space than exposed out in the open in unfamiliar territory. Accidents and sudden breaks can and do happen. Always secure your carriers with a seat belt.

*Note to myself: adjust the travelling guide!*

*Done!*

I use the blue carriers from p@h for my piggies (Savic Pet Caddy standard) and have made very good experiences, even for long distances. They are also pretty safe for piggies to travel in; guinea pigs are generally happier and calmer in a confined, dark space than exposed out in the open in unfamiliar territory. Accidents and sudden breaks can and do happen. Always secure your carriers with a seat belt.

*Note to myself: adjust the travelling guide!*

*Done!*
I think that is the one I have but I was worried it was too small!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back