• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bio-catolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Logue

I was shopping on-line at Bunny Basics & noticed a new litter product. It is called Bio-catolet. It is a wood pulp based product supposedly similar to Carefresh. Bunny basics states that it is light cellulose granules. It is slightly cheaper, but the main bonus would be that it is available in 25-litre size. Has anyone given it a try? If so, is it like carefresh & what are your thoughts?

I haven'T but I was going to buy Megazorb tomorrow instead of my usual woodshavings,have been reading up about it and reading on the forum so have decided to change.

I used to use Bio-catolet when I had rats, it was really good. Would be a bit expensive for guineas though, although Ok if you have just a couple of them. It stays clean for quite a while and reduces odours well. It is totally dust free too.

Sallym - I currently use Megazorb with a layer of Carefresh on top. I find Megazorb to be pretty good, but it does tend to make it's way onto the fleece quite often. Thanks.

chinakit - I have 6 guinea pigs here. I was just wondering if I could sub the Bio-catolet in place of Carefresh. Bio-catolet comes in a much larger bag. Thanks.

You could use Biocatolet, but it's not as soft to the feet as Carefresh. It's more like hard little pellets.

Thanks for saving me some money. I'm sure the hubby appreciates it. :)

;DStarted to use Megazorb at the weekend very pleased thanx everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back