• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

bit freeked out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i was cwtching tims when i wrote cutting nails thread,and i thought he had a long nail at the front,but when i looked,it was his pads,i dont know weither its a growth on his pads or its a bit of dried poo,i tried not pulling but picking it off and it wouldnt come of,he didnt wimper thank god,i might try giving them a bath now and see if it comes off,really worried :{

That happened to me with our big girl Panda, I had actually made an appt at the vets to find out what it was, luckily for me it was poo and it came off before I made a fool of myself at the vets but its a good idea to soak the foot to see if it comes off first. fingers crossed it is dried poo.

sounds like foot spurrs they are like hard black skin tags that grow on the foot on the pad, you can cut them off when you are doing there nails just watch you dont cut the pad too!

they dont hurt them when you cut them they have no feeling in them x

they tend to get them when they are getting older but have seen guineas with them aged 1 year, a few of my 21 guineas have them my 5yr old sow does and many of the 140 guineas passed through my rescue had them, they are harmless just cut it off when doing the nails or now x

Last edited:
thanks for the info girls,just gave them both a bath,bit of poo came off but now youve mentioned skin tag it seams like they are,they so small i got worried,
OH suggested taking them to vets but think they ok,they happy in them selves,they popcorning in their cage now haha

My pig Frenzy had foot spurs- long pieces of dry skin that would grow on her feet. We were told that some pigs get them, it was not uncomfortable, and that we could trim them back when we did her nails (not that she let us do it that often- she did not like nail trimming under the best of circumstances!) HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back