• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bit of a fall out?

DonDon121405

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So our boys have spent the whole day apart from each other, one in the downstairs area and one in the upstairs area when they are usually together. Not sure šŸ¤”if they have had a falling out or if they were cold so I have brought them inside. Now they are all snuggled up together and seems to be best pals again. We are planning on having them outside in a shed but waiting for the new accommodation to be delivered so for now switching between indoors and the outdoor run.
Is this normal For them to be away from each other for a while?
We have a general check up booked I for weds

Perfectly normal. Itā€™s a myth that piggies cuddle each other. My two donā€™t spend every moment together, they are usually off doing their own thing in different areas of the shed. They certainly donā€™t sleep in the same hidey - Iā€™ve got one picture of them in the same hidey and I only took that picture to remind myself that it did happen once!

Hi!

You have to be aware that it is human interest and the human concept of what is 'cute' that drives the choice of videos and pictures on social media, not what is actually normal. Who wants to see piggies sleeping in their own huts or doing their own thing? Yet that is reality - just not considered worth showing off...

Yes its perfectly normal for piggies to sleep alone or spend time apart, they will still be able to smell and hear each other, my main herd of 6 usually all sleep in different hidey houses in different cage areas and look to be ignoring each other but they are still good friends and get upset if one of them isnt there in their usual spot!
Only my really loved up married couple usually sleep together and even then if Ollie pigwig does his special broccolli farts they usually compromise on pushing seperate beds near together and sleeping with just an ear or toe close :)

They are sleeping together now so I guess they just needed some ā€œme time ā€œ today and maybe I have over reacted bringing them inside, just so use to seeing them in the same area playing not one upstairs and one downstairs šŸ‘šŸ»

If they are now exploring on their own and confident to not be huddled together all the time for safety that's a good sign that they are relaxing into their new home, often huddled together too much can be an anxious prey animal instinct- "eat him not me!"
My piggies only do that in the carrier on the way to the vets, it looks like they are snuggled nicely unless you understand that they just want the vet to grab their friend for the bum thermometer instead :)

If they are now exploring on their own and confident to not be huddled together all the time for safety that's a good sign that they are relaxing into their new home, often huddled together too much can be an anxious prey animal instinct- "eat him not me!"
My piggies only do that in the carrier on the way to the vets, it looks like they are snuggled nicely unless you understand that they just want the vet to grab their friend for the bum thermometer instead :)
Thank you, think I am an over anxious new piggie mummy (even though we got them for the kids). They are staying in tonight and then I will put them back into their ā€œnormal homeā€ tomorrow. Then is a trip to the vets on Weds šŸ‘šŸ»

My two boys lie near each other, and squeak for each other when oneā€™s not there, but only ever huddle when theyā€™re scared šŸ™‚

My two boys lie near each other, and squeak for each other when oneā€™s not there, but only ever huddle when theyā€™re scared šŸ™‚
Yep think I have definitely jumped the gun, I should have asked on here earlier x

Aww, donā€™t worry ā˜ŗļø we all have panicky moments, especially if we think something might be wrong in the world of our piggies!

Aww, donā€™t worry ā˜ŗ we all have panicky moments, especially if we think something might be wrong in the world of our piggies!
[/QUOTE
It can be a little holiday for them tonight šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø, I really should have asked on here šŸ‘šŸ»

Back