• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Bit of a self assurance wobble?

The wobbles here are strange. I’m finding I’m ok with my head in the sand as much as I can but then the work WhatsApp group gets going. We are nhs and having to keep a poker face in front of the patients but there is so much stress about appropriate clothing, distancing, visiting and so when away from the “shop floor” there’s a fair bit of angst. I'm having to really work hard to be the voice of reason in my own head. Ultimately all I can do is my best, for my patients, my family and for me.

Deep breaths and carry on.

It’s all very real now, shops don’t allow children, most small shops have a 2 person limit at any time, Asda have implemented a limit in which you can’t buy any more than three of any one item at once, not advised to go out more than once a day.
I have resorted to having prolonged dog walks, in places where not many people go, it’s my chance to get out and escape the harsh reality. Today I took her round the farmer’s field, we saw sheep, hare, rabbits, pheasants, and deer. It was a nice walk

I had a massive wobble on Sunday, my daughter phoned to wish me happy mother's day and told me about the terrible and worrying time she is having at work. I found a message on my mobile from my usually very positive happy son, he had a definite shake to his voice and sounds so tired. His wife works in the NHS, he's a teacher, their children's school has closed and they both have to work, it seems so unfair when they are looking after others and can't be available to look after their own. I wanted to tell them both to sod the jobs and just keep themselves safe. I've spoken to him since and he seems happier and more sorted, they have so few children going into the school I don't think he will have to go very often. After being shoulder charged out the way last week when shopping I'm not going out I'm to scared. I will have to go eventually but we are just eating strange mixtures of what we've got and will have to drink water or black tea when the milk runs out.

Oh that’s awful, how worrying for you all, hope you partner is alright x
Thanks 😊 He's fine he said they had to go and get showered and changed afterwards. Not much else they can do just like all the other people working in the hospital they just got to do their best and keep their fingers crossed they don't catch it.

Not had a big wobble but tonight, my eyes are feeling quite the strain. You know the feeling like you think you'll gonna be sick and your eyes feel a bit heavy and hot? Well I told hubby I think I have the virus coz of my eyes. He said it's lack of sleep and for always staying up so late and using my phone. 😳

Hopefully it's just it. 🤞

The wobbles here are strange. I’m finding I’m ok with my head in the sand as much as I can but then the work WhatsApp group gets going. We are nhs and having to keep a poker face in front of the patients but there is so much stress about appropriate clothing, distancing, visiting and so when away from the “shop floor” there’s a fair bit of angst. I'm having to really work hard to be the voice of reason in my own head. Ultimately all I can do is my best, for my patients, my family and for me.

Deep breaths and carry on.
Thank you for all you are doing. Must be so very hard for you all. We are so privileged in the UK to have th nhs.

I’ve been quite up and down, quite used to being at home and not going out much so that’s not too hard but knowing my sister was out doing her care work and the kids were at school with 34 others (5 yest apparently!) was worrying the hell out of me. Thank you Ellis for your chickenpox! Uncle just out of hospital after weeks in there for breaking his leg and having an op so I think that’s the majority of my family safely at home now. But still hard not to worry about it all! And very strange how quiet my normally very busy street is!
Hope you feel better today @anyar.dris x
And your partner is ok too @Alisa3114 x
Hugs from me and my loons to everyone on the forum at this really bizarre time xx

Thanks @alpacasqueak ! Doing alright today. Although I found out that one of my brothers (he's in the Philippines with his wife in their flat) has a cough that woke him up in the middle of the night. He said he usually get that type of cough though (he's a smoker, well used to be but still use e-cig). He said his throat hurts a lot. He has a doctor friend who he was talking on video online and told him he has tonsillitis. He prescribed him azithromycin and been told to gargle with warm salty water. My brother said he doesn't feel any aches and pain apart from his throat and he doesn't have fever. He and his wife has been working from home for a week now anyway. Just taking more precaution. Fingers crossed it's nothing more sinister.

Well I have been ok wobble wise, but I left shopping on the doorstep for my sons family today as my son is isolating in the lounge atm quite poorly. When I saw him through the window, how poorly he looked I had to hold back the tears and put on a brave thumbs up for him and big smile and get back into my car as quickly as I could not to show my concern. He’s feeling slight better tonight so hopefully he is over the worst
Hope your son is feeling better today.
It's hard not being able to give people a hug

Just been finishing my scrapbook list for 2019. We did little holidays, seaside trips, birthday celebrations, Christmas markets, outings with friends, cinema trips. I have pictures, postcards, little anecdotes to write alongside pictures etc. My 2020 scrapbook is likely to be what I did during social distancing and heavily feature the house/garden.

After these 12 weeks (where I am off work & mum doesn't leave the garden) what happens then? Everything isn't going to just fall back into place is it? Will it be safe to go out & mix with people, have dinner at the pub or go to the seaside?
I am fine with staying in for weeks, keeping us and others safe (please please please!) What after that?! This is causing me a big tizz today, probably as I can only focus day by day. As mum would say, its like waiting for a big bang.

Live in the moment.
One day tomorrow will be the moment and we will live in it.
Things will just be different.
I hope we will be kinder, more compassionate than we have been as a society.
I hope that we will have found a deeper appreciation of the things that matter most - family and friends ( and piggies of course).
I hope we can come to see this as an opportunity to build a better community and society

Hope your son is feeling better today.
It's hard not being able to give people a hug
Aw thank you for thinking of him @Merab's Slave Spoke to him today and he is feeling a bit better. His temperature has come down and he is not coughing as much now. My youngest granddaughter is not very well though, has a temperature and sore throat, fingers crossed she‘s alright 😔 you feel so hopeless when you can’t help!

Aw thank you for thinking of him @Merab's Slave Spoke to him today and he is feeling a bit better. His temperature has come down and he is not coughing as much now. My youngest granddaughter is not very well though, has a temperature and sore throat, fingers crossed she‘s alright 😔 you feel so hopeless when you can’t help!

the “like” was for your son’s improvement, but I’m not so muck liking your poor granddaughter now having symptoms. Poor thing.

the “like” was for your son’s improvement, but I’m not so muck liking your poor granddaughter now having symptoms. Poor thing.
Aw, thanks @VickiA she’s a little fighter and such a positive little girl, it’s such a worry though

Worrying day for us also ☹ My partner works in the hospital and he phoned earlier to say they had spent an hour restraining a girl who was off her head on drugs and had tried to harm herself only to be told afterwards when th y finally had her sedated she had been tested as positive for covid-19 and the only protection they had been wearing was gloves ☹
Oh god. Have a huge hug x

Back