• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Biting ceramic food bowl ALL the time, why? :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have two food bowls in my guinea pigs cage, along with two water bowls and everything else, yet they both seem fixated on trying to eat their ceramic food bowl and not the plastic one.

What's so amazing about trying to nibble on it? It makes a high pitch scratching noise, and it happens alot {:|

They have lots to do in their cage and I always swap things around for a change and they have floor time.

I can't work out why they do this. The food bowls are changed twice a day. What's going on with my two boys, is this a normal piggie craze? What could it be? :<>

Thanks guys hope to hear from you all!
Lorraiine

Could be that they think the noise it makes is amusing. Do they have a satisfied look after? Or a "wasn't me mum" look. I have a piggy who tries to climb the cage, and then popcorns like it's the best thing ever! How old is yours? xx

They are forever popcorning haha! It seems to look like it entertains them in a sense :s strange habit of joy perhaps.

I also noticed something strange with Barry today when I had him out for cuddle time. I was stroking his back going down towards his belly and all of a sudden he started making these gentle pig squeaks and just cocked his leg up and started shaking it! It looked like a dog when they have a belly rub and then shakes his leg in an 'oooft that's nice' kind of way. haha! Am I correct to assume he was loving a good stroke or was it a nerve or something! It lasted a minute or two until I stopped.

Also what does the gentle squeaks mean..? Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back