• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Biting The Humans

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppaMommy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Appa is a little over a year old. His testicles recently dropped. In the past couple of months he has stopped using his "words" to tell me he's unhappy but rather is biting me. He's managed to draw blood once. A couple hours ago I was carrying him against my chest while walking to the kitchen. My plan was to put him in his travel house and give him veggie scraps while I cooked. Before I could get to the kitchen he bit hard. I have a nice bruise from it. What could I do to curb this behavior?

Appa is a little over a year old. His testicles recently dropped. In the past couple of months he has stopped using his "words" to tell me he's unhappy but rather is biting me. He's managed to draw blood once. A couple hours ago I was carrying him against my chest while walking to the kitchen. My plan was to put him in his travel house and give him veggie scraps while I cooked. Before I could get to the kitchen he bit hard. I have a nice bruise from it. What could I do to curb this behavior?

Can the tips in this thread here help? https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk...stincts-and-speak-piggy-body-language.117031/

I read that. I'm wondering if he doesn't like being carried. Maybe I should put him straight into his travel cage and then carry him in that to the other room. I also need to build some kind of a run. Right now I let him out a couple times a week to run about the bedroom which has very little furniture. Catching him is such a pain though. It's really hard to get him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back