• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Biting Toes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyexXx

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Biscuit had to be taken to the vets today. She has managed to chew off her entire nail and is chewing at the other toes. I have been kweping her paws clean and got a gel to soothe her paws. The vet thinks it's a reaction to her new bedding so i have changed it back. Has anyone got experience or advice on this. Also any advice on bedding? I've tried sawdust, fleece and recycled paper and none have really worked for me.

What was her new bedding?

If she is that sensitive I would recommend Vetbed with towels or washable bedpads underneath.

Well it was just recycled paper so i cant understand what she could jave reacted to. But I'm not convinced there is a reaction her paws are red and irritated but she's been nibbling at them. She may be doing it from stress as we have had a mental week. Flood then moving house twice. but i will look into this vetbed cause i've been trying to get away from woodchip for ages!

Did the vet consider some kind of fungal issue?

Nope but she did treat her for mites just in case. But the other pigs are fine and Biscuits paws are already looking alot better! :) She hasn't chewed once and she's been very noisy this morning wheeking away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back