• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Black beads?

NoodleOodle

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I just cleaned my guinea pigs cage and I found these little black ovular beads. They have lines on them and my mom said they just look like little poops. I have no clue what they are and I can't find anything about them. Does anyone know what they could be and if I should take him to the vet or not?

I’m afraid we couldn’t even begin to guess - we can’t see what you are seeing - perhaps you could post a picture
You should always see a vet if you are concerned about your pet

I’m afraid we couldn’t even begin to guess - we can’t see what you are seeing - perhaps you could post a picture
You should always see a vet if you are concerned about your pet

this is what they look like. i tried to squeeze one to see if it might pop because it looks like it could be eggs and whatever it is. it popped and whiteish yellow stuff came out. i would take him to the vet but I'm in a very low income house and can only really take him to the vet if i know there's something wrong.
Snapchat-919662923.jpg

I’ve no idea what they are. Can you take a photo of them when squeezed?

As for vet care, speak to them and see if they could set up a payment plan for you. Unfortunately guinea pigs aren’t the cheap pets people think. Expediting US where vet fees are even more exorbitant than here.

I’ve no idea what they are. Can you take a photo of them when squeezed?

As for vet care, speak to them and see if they could set up a payment plan for you. Unfortunately guinea pigs aren’t the cheap pets people think. Expediting US where vet fees are even more exorbitant than here.

I squeezed two of them so it would be more visible. I've tried researching them and I can't seem to find anything about them.16006676636223279502121479609868.jpg16006676636223279502121479609868.jpg

Have you changed their diet recently or given them anything new? How are they acting in themselves?

Do you have cockroaches? they look suspiciously like cockroach eggs

we do have roaches but not many and these are a lot more round than roach eggs and they're much harder to pop. roach eggs are soft and more of a flat rectangular shape. Do you think could possibly be eggs from the flies or moths that fly in from outside?

Have you changed their diet recently or given them anything new? How are they acting in themselves?

He' s been eating the same food since we go him with the occasionally carrot or apple piece as a treat. He acts normally which is another reason I'm not extremely concerned enough to take him to the vet. The only thing really is that he goes through almost a full bottle of water a day.

we do have roaches but not many and these are a lot more round than roach eggs and they're much harder to pop. roach eggs are soft and more of a flat rectangular shape. Do you think could possibly be eggs from the flies or moths that fly in from outside?
They definitely look like eggs, what insect they belong to is a different matter.

I suggest you check your guinea pigs (particularly their bottoms ) just to make sure non of the hatched things are on them .

I checked his butt to see if there were any signs of them and I've checked his belly. I'm going to do a more thorough check and give him a bath.

How often is he scratching? If it seems excessive you should take him to get checked out rather than wiping down.

its not super often. I think it's mainly because sometimes his bedding get in his fur.
Then he doesn’t need bathing that often. Piggies scratch anyway, it’s part of their grooming and ‘normal’ habits.

Back