• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bladder stones/bilateral cysts

Have you heard back yet @Pigmom ? Hopefully it's just because she's feeling sore and her legs are stiff from not moving much. Some of mine have moved around after ops as if nothing has happened and other's have been immobile and sleepy for a few days. Like humans I think they all react differently to GA and pain meds.

Not yet! She nibbled a little pepper which is progress! Her poo’s are still quite hard despite me giving her the critical care and water though.

Hopefully like you said it’s just a side affect of the GA, I just put her back in then after her feed and she was dragging her back leg quite badly, but we’ll see how she is tomorrow ❤️

I've got everything crossed for her that she picks up quickly. I just looked at my diary for the days after Rusty's op - day 6 it says 'still not eating normally for himself but seems a bit brighter. Still syringe feeding top ups to maintain weight.' I didn't stop top up syringes until day 10 so it took a while for him to pick up again. I hope the vets get back to you soon and can put your mind at rest.

I've got everything crossed for her that she picks up quickly. I just looked at my diary for the days after Rusty's op - day 6 it says 'still not eating normally for himself but seems a bit brighter. Still syringe feeding top ups to maintain weight.' I didn't stop top up syringes until day 10 so it took a while for him to pick up again. I hope the vets get back to you soon and can put your mind at rest.

Thanks so much piggieminder, that’s very reassuring, bless Rusty. Yes I really hope they reply soon as her dragging leg is a concern, I’m sure they’re just very busy what with everything going on!

Update on Scruff-

Her surgery went fantastic and her scar looks amazing, which makes this next part so frustrating and upsetting..

It seems as though the GA has potentially given her a stroke. Both her back legs are semi paralysed and she is struggling to walk. I am hoping this is something which could get better (humans can fully recover from strokes), however I have my doubts. I cannot believe against all odds she made it through her operation despite how poorly she was, for this to now happen. She has a vet appointment on monday. If she can’t walk again however much it breaks my heart it is not the life for a piggie 😢. She seems very depressed as she used to be a very active pig who enjoyed running around like crazy. I can’t believe this has happened despite her surgery being a complete success. I’m also very concerned that the vet did not pick up on this as it was the first thing we noticed when we got her home (we thought it was just the GA wearing off at first). My poor baby girl 😢

I am so sorry to hear this, I was thinking of you and wondering how you were getting on this afternoon. @Betsy had two piggies with paralysed back legs. Fingers crossed for her, I hope it's a temporary paralysis.

I am so sorry to hear this, I was thinking of you and wondering how you were getting on this afternoon. @Betsy had two piggies with paralysed back legs. Fingers crossed for her, I hope it's a temporary paralysis.

I hope so too, it’s just so hard knowing how long to leave it to see if it hopefully improves, when she clearly is depressed and not her usual piggy self ☹️ Will see what the vets say on Monday, thanks so much for thinking of us x

Back