• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

blinking with one eye!

kamjay

New Born Pup
Reaction score
my guinea pig is blinking with one eye... his eyes look pretty good, yet I know something can be wrong. Is this normal or?

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
My Fudge does that, nothing wrong with his eye. But if you’re worried there’s no harm taking him to be checked. Eyes can be seen by a general vet.

kamjay

New Born Pup
Reaction score
my guinea pig is blinking with one eye... his eyes look pretty good, yet I know something can be wrong. Is this normal or?
My Fudge does that, nothing wrong with his eye. But if you’re worried there’s no harm taking him to be checked. Eyes can be seen by a general vet.
That's a relief.. I thought it was a hay poke.
Thank you. I will consider the vet just for a checkup since they are new.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
If your piggy is blinking constantly every few minutes and the eye is watering a lot, then you can sure that there is either an injury like a not yet ulcerated (i.e. infected) hay poke or something scratchy stuck under an eyelid.

Checking an eye carefully whenever you notice something unusual is important as the quicker an eye injury or surface scratch is treated, the sooner and easier the eye will heal.

Right now you are learning what is normal and what not for your piggies.