• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bloating?

Piggie.doodles

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, I was trying to pick up my girls today to do their first (and my first time trying) weight check. I have never weighed my guinea pigs before so I really wanted to start asap. My females are extremely scared of being picked up so they were flying round the cage and ‘wheeking’ when I cornered them- I feel so bad 😣 When I finally managed to ‘grab’ one of them, she squealed-I don’t know if this is because she was terrified. Her belly felt quite hard but I’m not sure if it was ‘hard’ or not because all 4 of my pigs are extremely scared and I haven’t picked one of them up properly in months. I know bloating and cysts can be very serious but I don’t know if I’m just over-reacting and nothings actually wrong. The vets are only open to animals with ‘life threatening conditions’ so I can’t just take her for a checkup :(

Back