• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Blood in urine? Or bad diet...

Gadzy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello all,

I haven't been on here in a while so hello again :).... I was cleaning out my two girls today and I noticed a very orange patch/patches on their towel I put them on. I was wondering what you all think? I have uploaded pictures below :)

Attachments

Free Ranger

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That is orange! Doesn't look like blood-taint to me either. Perhaps it's just more concentrated? I don't know whether eating a lot of orange foods can make their pee more orange - maybe somebody else might know? Beetroot stalks certainly give a purple-ish tint.

I know that when I tried one of those 'Berocca' vitamin C tablets dissolved in water (fizzy -it goes a bit like Fanta) it turned my pee that colour which was really alarming until I realised what had happened!