• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Blood In Urine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doragon

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
PICTURE WARNING

Sorry for two threads in one night guys but I think I actually found something this time?

Was clearing up the aftermath of the guinea pigs having a clean out and I found this:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I thought it was bloody urine; first time I've seen this - I'm trying to work out which pig this might be from - and wanted to see if this is what I think it is if you know what I mean?

Thank you.

Inspected all the girls and I think it's either from Smudge or Bramble; as both of these girls had this colour a little bit around their areas.

In the morning I'll make sure to get them each out on paper individually and work out for sure who's having urine like this - and then get them down to the vets.

I'm really scared as I only have 5 pounds in my bank account right now and I can't take them to the vets with that.

Would the vet let you pay in instalments? It is likely to be a UTI, have they eaten anything red? to be honest it looks more brown in the photo?

Actually...they've had some tomatoes, lettuce and cucumber...carrots recently too. Kale; AH! Red melon! I reckon that's the problem!

What do you think? Could it be the liquid from the melon or is this blood to you?

I'll ring the vet and ask if it's possible to just pay them on the Friday when I'm paid.

I hope you manage to get sorted! Sending healing vibes, hope it nothing too serious!

Checked them all over and done some research - I think it's just the oxidisation and that's why I thought it was blood. All of them eating well. I'll keep an eye on them over the next few days just in case.
I was just about to say this,,, a few weeks ago my youngest started doing wees that were very orange, I was worried at first it was blood but soon realised it wasn't pinky it was definitely orangey, stayed like that for a few days and now it's back to normal. Hopefully same with yours, keep an eye out but if it looks slightly red or pink I'd go to the vets :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back