• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

I line the cages with paper before the woodshavings, i noticed that Zubin has peed on the paper that has poked throw nad it looks like blood to me I'm going to keep an eye on him but any ideas as to what it might be, he hasnt had carrot or any none green veg in a while but there is orange cloured pieces in his food any ideas?

Sometimes there can be a red tinge to pee, it is a pigment of somekind and quite often people think it's blood.

Could it be ink from the newspaper? Keep an eye on him lovey, it may be a one-off.

Hmm maybe, we have our cage clean day on a saturday so ill change it to just white paper and then i can see it better hope its not serious! x

It's not all the time.. Just a bit of coloured water that's all. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

Keep us posted.

I find the urine is often orangey when it dries - nothing to worry about.

Verity, I started a post in the health section called Urine Colour. kelly was very helpful. Have a look!

yeah i had a look but his pee seem very red, everything seems to be ok now though hes back to his old self and doesnt seem il x

errm i could lol sounds a bit icky lol was thinking of doing that but just thought it was gross lol ill do it in a sec x

My pc would implode if i attempted to put a webcam on lol. i have a pic its not 100% clear because its from my phone x
here it is......
newpaper.jpg

what do you think?

Few questions first if you don't mind? -

What's he been eating recently - fresh and dry food (what?)?

Are you sure it's not ink from the news paper?

How has he been in himself?

Have you had a look at his lower parts? Do they seem 'different' or does he make a noise if you touch him there?

Anything he might have peed on?

Hes been on his dry food which is erm.... That gerty guinea with probiotic mixed in, (that has little orange pieces)

i cant be sure it isnt ink and i cant go and check as i have just cleaned them out.

hes getting better but he is still quiet

i looked at him it all seems ok but he does get a bit annoyed if i poke about too much but I'm not sure how to hold him and do that at the same time so this could be why.

he lives on woodshaving and that is on top of the paper which in this case had poked through which is how i noticed

I'm totally confused ? :-\

What do you mean he hasn't had fresh veg in a while? He needs to have veggies, hay and dry food everyday.

Blood in their urine could be a sign of a Urinary tract infection (UTI) Does your piggy squeak when he goes pee?

Please see this page for further information on UTI - http://www.guinealynx.info/uti.html

Also, remember, if you ever think your piggy is sick.. don't wait around! Bring them to the vet! (Message to everyone)

Just saying Livie, it's not always blood that people see. It's quite often mistaken.

Verity does feed them veggies, think she just left that bit off the post

I know it is quite mistaken, however if it is, it is fatal and should be treated. I mean you never know what it is, I would have thought the piggy should have been to the vet by now!

Just saying ;)

Verity love. I'm not going to post again on this. Hope Zubin's ok

- I'll email you the reason.

Verity -am staying here to help you love.. When you're back on I'll PM you. :)

Have you noticed the shavings are discoloured? (Thought I'd write it again in case you missed it on the other page)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back